How long are you willing to wait?General

Last Updated:

1. dvdivx

dvdivx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Getting tired of the wait and need a new phone. I have given up on AT&T releasing a decent non-f'ed up android phone and will wait until the EVO gets released. If the incredible isn't out by then my wait will be over.

Advertisement
  2. mikewashere05

mikewashere05 Well-Known Member

Until something better/equivalent comes out. If the HTC PhantomPhoneNobodyHasEverHeardOf came out tomorrow and I liked it I would buy it. I don't really have a loyalty to the Incredible, just want a nice phone.

Nexus One is a little more reasonable though.

3. energyguy78

energyguy78 Active Member

I am going to wait till the end of June, then get a Droid, if it does not appear.

4. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member

Be glad you're not a Verizon subscriber. We've been getting jerked around since last Nov. Still no end in sight, just lots of speculation from friends of friends.

I'm about ready to go over to AT&T!

5. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

If you hate Verizon so much then switch. But as soon as Verizon releases something nice you will be back whining about how terrible the service is with AT&T or Sprint. Im glad I have better things to do with my days then sit around and cry when a phone isnt released that day.

6. Biotite

Biotite Member

I've been waiting since I first heard back in November but I've only been eligible since March 1. I'll wait until mid-May then I'm going to get a Droid.

And I don't blame Verizon for this. There's a lot of factors involved and frankly, I'm willing to wait on an awesome phone on an awesome network.

7. photog

photog Active Member

I still can't decide if the Incredible will be that much better than a Droid. What would I be missing out on if I just went ahead and got a Droid?

8. Biotite

Biotite Member

For me it's the keyboard and the Sense UI.

9. dblack9

dblack9 Well-Known Member

by the time this phone comes out, in two or so months there will be phones with better specs coming out.
    im resolved to waiting til then, or just getting a droid. anything will be better than my omnia

10. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

If it's may and we haven't seen anything official and the N1 is out I will probably get that. Otherwise I'm waiting until something similar to these comes out (shadow).

11. Reginald VelJohnson

Reginald VelJohnson Well-Known Member

Incredible. Shadow. EVO. First one gets my moneys.

12. Tony Touch

Tony Touch Well-Known Member

I'm actually willing to wait until football season. I can live with my dumbphone LG Dare for the time-being. But once football season starts, I need a data plan so I can start watching games when I'm out of town (via the DirecTV Supercast App).

13. drhill

drhill Well-Known Member

Exactly... and then the first 4+" screen may get my money with the previous purchase ebay'd.

There is nothing out there to replace either of these phones for me. The droid is just missing something. I almost like it, but not enough to spend the money on it.

14. android_freak

android_freak Well-Known Member

Wait until Verizon has a powerfull Adroid phone without a keyboard and a bigger screen (hence no Eris)

15. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Well-Known Member

I'm going to wait until the end of the month. There is a special in my market that allows dumbphone users to upgrade to a smart phone early, so if the Incredible isn't out by then I'll go with the Droid.

I would never switch to AT&T, or any other network, over a phone. Verizon by far has the best coverage and service in America, and some pretty good phones on top of that. IF they do end up getting the iPhone, it will kill AT&T.

16. john7elway

john7elway New Member

ill wait til the iphhone comes to verizon thats it. i love HTC phones but it the incredible dosnt come out soon then ill wait for the iphone

17. photog

photog Active Member

I've just decided not to wait. I'm going to get a Droid, and if the Incredible comes out this month I'll look at paying the $35 re-stocking fee.

18. ryanx27

ryanx27 Well-Known Member

I'm waiting until the end of May. If it's not out by then I'm buying a Nexus One (assuming the N1 becomes available on Verizon by then).

19. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

I will wait until the Incredible or N1 are on VZW. AT&T, T-Mo and Sprint do not have service or have limited service a lot of the places I travel.

20. Teh_Higgins

Teh_Higgins Member

My NE2 resets in the middle of May. Whatever phone is the best Android phone i can get for verizon will be the phone i will purchase.

21. wkd1

wkd1 Well-Known Member

I'm now open to purchasing the NEXT quality smartphone to hit Verizon. I've been waiting since Nov/Dec and it's time to move on. I work in an area that only Verizon covers, so no surfing the other networks for me. But what's just a couple more weeks? If I stay away from this forum, my anxiety gets back to a reasonable level. Suddenly it'll be here in no time.

22. xfuchsiax

xfuchsiax Well-Known Member

Well, since I've wanted basically the Eris with better specs since the moment I first touched one, and I'm 4 lines deep in a contract with Verizon, I'll be waiting until they get around to releasing the Incredible.

23. Snoudel

Snoudel Active Member

Like many else are saying, I would want to wait until it comes out, but my want for a Android phone might push me to a Droid. If anyone can; what really would I be missing if I decided not to wait for the INC but get a Droid?

24. taris300

taris300 Well-Known Member

im willing to wait until May 1. If the INC isn't out by then, im getting a droid.
    i mean the INC will have a better camera, and im not a fan of the droid's full keyboard, but i'll live with it (esp sense it can help play games)
    btw, nice forum ya'll got here, its been helpful for info, yet been killer cause im an addicted lurker reading every post waiting for this phone lol

25. Dex

Dex Well-Known Member

Since the latest release date craze is the 29th, then I will wait until the 29th. If the phone has not delivered some real, tangible data... I'm out. I would love the phone to be out by then. If the 29th rolls around and they tell me that It'll be out in June, I will be upset, but I'll just get a Droid.

If this phone isn't out within the first half of May, with a concrete date set by April 29th, then I'm just done. I'll pick up a Droid and be happy with it. Probably root it and dump some stuff on it. And in another 10-12 months I'll just pick up the best phone they've got out, I can't do this waiting game everytime I get a new phone.