• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many of us are still on our ORIGINAL EVO?

Are you still using your first EVO?

• Total voters
So I am on my second Evo...but at no fault of the phone's. I had a night in July that was full of vodka and 151...yeah wasn't so good for the phone. I got back to my hotel room and had plugged it in to charge. All I remember after that is tripping over something. Next morning I woke up to my phone across the room. Nothing was broken other than the charger port on the bottom. Sprint replaced it for me.

Upvote 0
We have 4 in our office I ordered later on because of the backlog which we got on Aug 2nd. Another person has a pre-release google demo phone which sold me on the phone originally. Another person in our office bought one on their own, we all have the original phones. I bought seido cases for 4 of them, and they are all going strong. I'm sure there are some legit issues some people have, its a matter of statistics, but I'm sure there are many complaints from people who just don't take care of their equipment in general. I doubt you are going to find people who will admit to jamming the power plug in/out routinely, or keys or other crap in their pocket jamming up against the screen, or dropping their phone on the ground. If this phone had a serious flaw I think I would have seen it with the many versions we have here on-site. I also found that if you train your battery and diligent about keeping radios off when not using them, the life improves significantly even if you don't do all the other battery saving changes. If you can't figure that stuff out, you should go back to a flip phone, honestly.

Upvote 0
I am amazed at all the original EVO owners here. I bought two on launch day and EVO A has been replaced 3 times with refurbs that don't last, and EVO B has been on the first refurb that I will be exchanging for a new refurb shortly. Of the two launch day EVO's, one went bad 35 days afterwards, and the other went bad 92 days afterwards. I don't root, don't download apps from anywhere but the market, and basically use typical features.

Still, if I had it to do all over again, I would go back to June 4 and buy them both all over again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones