• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How much data traffic generated so far?

Fuzzone

Mar 22, 2010
So, I got my Incredible on the day of launch last month. My billing cycle ends on the 19th of every month. So far this month this is what my Verizon online account says about my Data Usage. Is this normal or excessive? I upgraded from a blackberry and my Data usage never went over 1 Gig.

3,770,535.45 of Unlimited data use

So, I got my Incredible on the day of launch last month. My billing cycle ends on the 19th of every month. So far this month this is what my Verizon online account says about my Data Usage. Is this normal or excessive? I upgraded from a blackberry and my Data usage never went over 1 Gig.

3,770,535.45 of Unlimited data use

HOLY CRAP!!!:eek: The most I hit was 1.5 gigs. I really want to know what you are running.

We should have a contest for who has the highest data usage for one billing cycle. I could see it now. PDAnet and bittorrent.... people would hit 150 gigs. :D

Upvote 0
HOLY CRAP!!!:eek: The most I hit was 1.5 gigs. I really want to know what you are running.

We should have a contest for who has the highest data usage for one billing cycle. I could see it now. PDAnet and bittorrent.... people would hit 150 gigs. :D

Believe it or not, I have not tethered at all, not even for testing. So, the following are the only culprits.

Regular corporate Exchange email sync, one account with <20 emails a day. Two Gmail accounts.

I do a lot of live radio streaming, while at work. Mostly NPR and BBC World News.

I also download some radio programs. I am going to change the setting for these to 'Download only on WiFi' now though. Which should help.

Some Youtube video. Less than 3 videos a day, on average.

Can others chime in and tell me what their data usage looks like?

Upvote 0
1,668,812.91 kB used and 12 days remaining on my bill.

Since I only got to about 700,000~ kB on my last bill, I decided to see how fast I could get near to 5Gb. Apparently, it's going to take a crapload more :D

My routines for this current cycle:

Pandora streaming for about 2 hours a day.
Web-browsing for about 1-2 hours a day.
Google Maps 1-3 times a day (I love how it gives you a phone number directly! No more phone book!)
Browse market once a day.
Misc. once a day (Layar, SkyMaps, etc.)

Barely any use of WiFi.

Upvote 0
My billing cycle ends in a couple of days, and I am at 460MB. I listen to streaming radio at the gym, but other than that don't think I use much data. Wifi and home and work, and I have been primarily using that. Not sure why I am using so much data.

Next month, I am going to try not using wifi at all and see what happens. I can imagine that if I were on AT&T, I'd be nervous about overages.

Upvote 0
I've used 273MB since my new month started three days ago which means I will be using, on average, around 3GB a month. I stream a lot of content at work - mostly podcasting. The 2GB cap at AT&T would be a deal breaker for me. I read that verizon's new data plans are kicking in next january but Blackberry and Android users whould be able to continue to enjoy unlimited data. Let's hope so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones