How much longer will you keep your EVO 4G?

Who is upgrading to the LTE and who is staying Old School?

Poll closed May 29, 2012.
  1. Going to upgrade to the EVO LTE and not look back.

11 vote(s)
  2. Staying with the Original EVO, still kicking butt!

6 vote(s)

Last Updated:

1. Spooner

Spooner Member

Anyone know what sprint is giving for trade in these days?

2. NaterTots

NaterTots Well-Known Member

The last post I saw on it said $87 for it as a trade in.

I would just sell it outright.
  3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Yeah i got $200 last month cash within a couple hours on craigslist for mine.
  4. outcast99

outcast99 New Member

Yeah trade-in through any carrier sucks. they give hardware retail, not retail for what the phone actually is. Like the iPhone 4, costs $188 (i think thats right) to build. Thats what you get for trade in.
  5. outcast99

outcast99 New Member

Oh, btw, I just got my Evo about a month ago. Rooted about a week ago and plan on owning it for at least 6 months, then a bigger better phone is calling my name. Unless ICS comes to Evo, but we won't get into that... ;)
  6. RCope48

RCope48 Well-Known Member

Have had mine for over a year now, still am very happy with much so, I just bought another one new in the box for a back me up, just in case I trash it somehow, it has been rock solid for me, plus I just started with the root stuff and its like new all over again, my son has an Epic 4g and it doesnt even compare.
  7. RCope48

RCope48 Well-Known Member

8. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Have the EVO for a year now and will keep it until sprint go LTE. I would like to see the Galaxy Nexus on Sprint and what new phone HTC has coming in the future with ICS.
  9. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

I've had it about 6 months, and will keep it at least until quad cores hit the market.
  10. intense

intense Well-Known Member

Absolutely love the Evo 4G, but will be switching to the galaxy nexus/nexus prime on verizon as soon as it launches. But, the EVO 4G will be my favorite phone as it was the first android phone to get me "addicted". Also it has a lot to do with LTE being available in my area and wimax is not.
  11. brianvillage5

brianvillage5 Well-Known Member

As long as the software can be updated I have no reason to upgrade. It's a screen with four buttons that runs very quickly. I love my evo and I bought it so I wouldn't have to get a new phone every year, or two;).
  12. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member

yea that's how I feel. It runs well still... Very hard to get tired of this phone, if your rooted that is.
  13. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

well i took my upgrade and have the 3vo. however, i did keep my evo. so i still get to play with it. i actually still use it for netflix and listening to music with google i still can get on the net with wifi. i just could not part ways my old evo.
  14. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Due for an upgrade (love the yearly thing). If I had a two year, I wouldn't mind keeping it another 12 months, but if I can sell it (rooted) for more than I purchased it, I might as well re-up.

Problem being, I don't consider the 3D a true upgrade...

Guess I'll be patient.
  15. jcunwired

jcunwired Well-Known Member

I'm now switching between CM7, MikG and MIUI ROMs. Yet again, I've fallen in love with my Evo. While I covet a Galaxy Nexus, I ask myself regularly why - I have one of the best Android phones ever made already, and it does its job well.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  16. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

sorry but for me the faster dual core processor makes this, the 3vo, the successor to the evo. this thing just plain out flies with just the stock rom. plus it has sense 3.0 which the evo will never get officially and an ics update is just around the corner. this makes it the successor to me. the 3d thing is just an after thought for me.

i just ugraded my phone to the 3vo and i'm definitely glad i did. and it seems to me that battery life is actually better the the og evo.

do not get me wrong i love the og evo. it is still the best android phone by far IMO.
  17. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Active Member

I am due for my upgrade in May, but only recently as last month finally corrected my battery issues. It's like a new phone now.

I'm just gonna say maybe some of the people with battery issues don't realize they have a bad battery, because of all the battery drain threads going around, and to put it mildly "not so techy" Sprint personnel.

After finally getting a Sprint person who knew what the heck they were doing. They gave me a new "old" battery for free. And I literally get an all day charge now with the battery settings recommended here. And I am a game fanatic on my Evo. So I am just only beginning to tap into the potential of the Evo, and love it.

BUT.......(there's always a but), even though I am Evo fan again. I still have an issue with random reboots. Now matter how up to date. Or how charged the battery is. Out of the blue the phone will just reboot for no reason.

So basically I am gonna ride it out with the Evo until the iPhone 5 comes out. Not so much because I believe iOS is any better than Android, but because my wife and I recently dropped Windows in favor of OSX and absolutely love it. So we are looking to keep platform uniformity.

Now per chance Apple drops a dud on the 5. I would hope that by that time Android would have a Siri equivalent. God I love playing with my friends Siri, lol.

So yeah, basically I'm loving the Evo until the iPhone 5 or the best Android at that point.
  18. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude Well-Known Member

as far as a Siri replacement, give Jeannie a try. I love it, use it all the time.
  19. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

20. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Active Member

21. Spooner

Spooner Member

Sold mine on Craigslist last week and got a 4s. About the only thing I miss is the screen size. This phone just works soooo much smoother and voice to text is much more accurate which is important to me as I drive a lot for work.
  22. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Nooooo...use Voice Actions Plus and install SVOX (I got the British voice add on). The SVOX voice add on cost a few $$ but its worth it if you're into talking to your phone.
  23. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I downloaded and tried Jeanie. Didn't work exactly like I thought it would.
  24. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

jeannie was ok...

i tried that new "cluzee"... it was bad.. very bad... needs a lot of work
  25. leftstrat

leftstrat Member

I've had my EVO4g since the end of May. This is the first Android phone I've ever had, and I'm happy as a little clam still.. :) I get a pretty good day's use out of the battery, and I finally rooted it with Cyanogenmod 7.1. I'll keep it either until I can upgrade, or until it turns to dust.. :) I've had no problems with the adapter jack, or random reboots. That could be due to rooting it.