how to access recovery mode?

Last Updated:

1. marsblaster

marsblaster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How can I access the recovery mode on my lg ally?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Send + Menu+End. But this only works if you have clockwork mod or dresllisdee's custom recovery flashed

marsblaster likes this.
  3. marsblaster

I have then clockwork flash by using rom manager. Does that count as clockwork mod? When i try it, it doesn't work. Do I press the buttons before or after the lg logo

4. marsblaster

I keep getting exlamation mark

5. marsblaster

I keep getting the exlamation mark!!!!!help!!!!!

6. dots

dots Well-Known Member

You have to go into rom manger and re-flash the recovery.

7. Cjohn8792

Cjohn8792 Well-Known Member

My phone is volume up, home and End key and you hold them until you see the LG screen come on then let go. In there you need to pick clear cach/data and then do pick a backup you have saved and do a recovery. Let me know if that helps you at all. If you can get to your recovery console it should be the same steps to recover.

8. PowerBomb

PowerBomb Well-Known Member

Just posted this in someone else's thread but I'll put it here too. It's the only way that works for me and so far 2 or 3 other people have had success too.

This happened to me so many times when I was first learning how to flash ROMs. This is what worked for me.

Open ROM Manager. Press your phone's menu key, go to settings. Check the option for "erase recovery prior to flashing" or whatever it says exactly. Then go back to the main ROM Manager screen. Go to the top and flash the recovery again. Wait for it to say success. Then tell it to boot into recovery. This time you should succeed in getting to the menu instead of the error message.

9. getitnowmarketing

getitnowmarketing Well-Known Member Developer

If you have flashed a recovery and get exclamation point after reboot there is a file called install-recovery.sh thats overwriting the custom recovery on reboot. See my recovery thread for a fix to remove the install-recovery.sh file. Its got directions to do it via adb/ terminal and a update.zip file to do it too. Works for both clockwork and mine.

10. num1waldo

num1waldo New Member

thank you sooooooo much i have spent hours and several diff ways to root and get recovery mode...... nothing worked but this... thank you sooooo much!!!!!!!! i will post this to several places where i had been looking.... again did i say thanks......

11. StixMan

StixMan New Member

Thanks for this, I am use to working with Droids, so just learning on the Ally and this was the simplest explanation on how to access the BSR. :)

Stix