• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to change camera share via picasa account?

Davidd31415

Nov 24, 2010
Hi,

I'm using a droid x and would like to change the picasa account used for sharing pictures (picture - share - picasa).

I forgot my password to the picasa account and I'd rather send google blood than fill out the password recovery form which may our may not lead to them helping me since I can not answer many of the questions well... Not sure why the don't keep gmail and picasa passwords the same or at least send reset to the gmail but that would be another issue.

So I created a new picasa account on the phone (deleted old first) thinking this would solve my woes. When I go to share via picasa the only account I can choose is the old account. I tried to clear camera cache, no difference.

Any ideas on what I can do short of a factory reset?

If I do need to do a factory reset can anyone let me know what the disadvantages of using my backup pro to restore apps are? I've read about them not updating afterwards or something but if that is the only issue, I'd prefer it... I only like to update apps that are misbehaving. Otherwise I end up with apps that misbehave after updates unavoidably it seems.

Thanks,

David

Wow. Problem solved. So stupid really. The key is DO NOT USE A "PICASA ACCOUNT." I deleted my picasa account and then was poking around my gmail accounts to find that there is a "sync picasa web albums" setting for each and every gmail (i.e. "google") account you set. Assuming the account has web albums activated. So silly of me, I had not even tried to add the picasa account as a full google account (I only get spam e-mail there so I turned off the "sync e-mail" setting).

Now I can actually choose between the 2 google accounts that do have web albums activated when uploading. So simple. But this begs the question: why have a "picasa account" at all?

Upvote 0
Oh, the "Sync Picasa Web Album" option under My Accounts is from "Gallery 3D" not the native app. I uninstalled Gallery 3D and that option went away. But the native gallery app still recognizes all my google accounts that are listed in My Accounts *and* have web albums activated. So adding a "Picasa account" is in fact superfluous.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones