• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to change the messaging ui

deeoh1084

Android Enthusiast
Dec 21, 2009
Chicago
is there anyway you can remove this stupid samsung messaging ui? this is getting on my nerves!!! it's too darn slow!!! does anybody know how to install the original android software to the behold 2?? this phone might have been lot better than mytouch if it had the original android os like the galaxy.... can someone help me please? thank you so much

Install handcent sms. Turn off notifications and set as your default messaging app. Its probably your best bet.

Only problem is you can not disable the notifications for the stock messaging app on the Behold II. Has anyone figured out a way to do this yet??

i already got the handcent and tried to chomp too still trying to decide which is better and i also noticed that you cannot turn that notification from the phone itself still trying to figure out how... does anybody know if we can switch this stupid samsung/android os to the original android os 1.6 donut?? i hate this samsung/android os what a waste of good phone...

Upvote 0
I've been using the Handcent messenger app with its notifications turned off. The only problem, aside from Samsung's insistent notifications, is that whenever I get a message, the phone automatically--in the background--launches TeleNav, Messaging, Video Player, and a couple others. This tends to make the keyboard a bit sluggish in Handcent, and it's really annoying.

If I root this thing, can I get rid of the Samsung-included Messaging app??

Murf

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones