• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to connect whatsapp from laptop to phone?

eaststar

Lurker
Mar 7, 2023
Hi
I know its easy to connect your mobile phone to whatsapp on your laptop but I m thinking is it possible to do the vice versa?

Recently I lost my sim card in accident so I dont have my mobile number now but fortunately my whatsapp was connected to my laptop.So how can I connect whatsapp from my laptop to my mobile phone?any suggestions

If you have lost your SIM card and cannot use your old mobile number to connect to WhatsApp, you will need to update your WhatsApp account with your new phone number. Here's what you can do:

1. Get a new SIM card with a new phone number.
  2. Download and install WhatsApp on your new mobile phone.
  3. Open WhatsApp and enter your new phone number when prompted. You will receive a verification code via SMS or phone call.
  4. Enter the verification code into WhatsApp to verify your new phone number.
  5. Once your new phone number is verified, open WhatsApp Web on your laptop.
  6. Follow the steps to connect to WhatsApp Web as described in the previous answer.
After completing these steps, you should be able to use WhatsApp on your laptop with your new phone number,Please note that your old chat history may not be transferred to your new account unless you have backed it up previously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones