• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to control android from a windows PC

mackguy

Lurker
Feb 12, 2013
OK, I've done a lot of searching on this and still havent found a solution. Very close here
code.google.com/p/androidscreencast/

but it's not working for me.

When I had a windows phone several years ago there was a free download from Microsoft that allowed me to control the phone from my PC connected by USB. This was really nice for things like setting up new e-mail accounts and so on where it's easier to use a real keyboard. I've been trying to find something like this for Android but it seems like there's nothing which seems really bizarre considering Microsoft had this freely available 5+ years ago.

When I use the above Java runtime, I do get a screen image of my T-bolt, but I'm not able to control anything. I am rooted and running ICS. I have run the commands they say to use if keyboard and mouse control don't work to no avail.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Something like AirDroid isn't an option, I want USB (sometimes I want to access at work, and I cannot get my android on corporate wifi)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones