how to get setcpu and wireless tether to work

Last Updated:

1. Vchau364

Vchau364 Member This Topic's Starter

I just rooted my 2.1 droid. And i downloaded wireless tether and it said something about incorrect tether.Help please. Then i bought setcpu and that seemed not to work.

Advertisement
  2. ska.t73

ska.t73 Well-Known Member

What app did you download? There is one called Wireless Teather for Root Users, this is the one you want, the one named just Wireless Teather doesn't work as far as I remember...

3. Vchau364

yeah i downloaded the one that says for root users

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Run SetCPU...hit the menu button and select "autodetect"...when that finished SetCPU will have looked at your kernel and identified available clock speeds, then you can use it to set min/max speeds and setup profiles....look for a thread recently in here that talks about SetCPU profiles for more info on that.

5. Vchau364

is there any kernel that is just like a regular motorola droid instead of all customized? i just want a kernel that has good clock speeds and is able for wireless tether. Thanks for the help guys. Really appreciate it.

6. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Has to be a custom kernel for wireless tether...

There's no "all customized" issue, really...when you install a ROM the kernel included with it will support wireless tether, I can't think of any recent ROMs that don't have kernels w/wireless tether support built in.