• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to get the apps to PC?

A

Aladar

OK, so here goes:
I want to buy HTC Desire, but my country has horrible data plans, and I just can't afford any normal plan.. Plus, my country has blocked paid apps.
So, how do I download the apps to my phone? I just.. won't be able to get any apps into the phone?
(No, I won't spend money for wifi router just so I can download paid apps.. that would be pretty unsavvy)

Thanks

I could not imagine life without wifi in my home. Its cheap and effective, plus when you are at home you can do everything that involves the internet on it, so it will save you lots of money if you don't have an unlimited data plan on your phone. Imo its $60 bucks well spent, takes only a few minutes to setup and then life will be much easier on you. To me its a no brainer, would you rather give $60 to the phone company or put $60 into your home and never have to worry about over using your data plan again? $60 is a drop in the bucket for most people.

Upvote 0
I could not imagine life without wifi in my home. Its cheap and effective, plus when you are at home you can do everything that involves the internet on it, so it will save you lots of money if you don't have an unlimited data plan on your phone. Imo its $60 bucks well spent, takes only a few minutes to setup and then life will be much easier on you. To me its a no brainer, would you rather give $60 to the phone company or put $60 into your home and never have to worry about over using your data plan again? $60 is a drop in the bucket for most people.

No.
I love it when at almost every forum, even though you state something explicitly, there is always someone that recommends it to you..
I seriously don't mean to be rude, but I don't see point in spending $60 only cause of my phone.. Seriously. I won't use the phone online almost at all anyway, so why would I need to get WiFi for it?

There are sites where you can download the APK and then you can connect the phone to your computer, port them over...and WHAMO!

Do they have all there is in market? Otherwise.. google pretty much screwed my whole country over pretty bad..

Upvote 0
If you have no form of data whether it be wireless or a data plan through your carrier than having that phone is pretty useless. No not all apps are available through a pc. Just spend 30 bucks on a router and be done with it.

BTW, most people tell you to do what you "explicitly" say you dont want to because its the most economical and practical solution. And I wouldnt blame google, Id blame your carrier for charging the high rates for data.

Upvote 0
If you have no form of data whether it be wireless or a data plan through your carrier than having that phone is pretty useless. No not all apps are available through a pc. Just spend 30 bucks on a router and be done with it.

BTW, most people tell you to do what you "explicitly" say you dont want to because its the most economical and practical solution. And I wouldnt blame google, Id blame your carrier for charging the high rates for data.

No carrier in my country has any form of low rates for data. It's just the way it is.

Oh well, guess I'm going WM then..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones