• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to install Android on a running LiveCD

satimis

Feb 2, 2012
Hi all,

Android android-x86_64-6.0-r2.iso burned on USB
Wireless keyboard and wireless mouse
Desktop PC

Boot up Android. The hard disk is detected.

Select install Android on disk
-> OK

on next screen both wireless keyboard and wireless mouse unable to work. TAB and UP/DOWN key all fail to work.

I can boot up Android. It works as LiveCD.

Is it possible to install Android on hard disk from there, including formating the hard disk? If YES, please advise how? Pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards
satimis

Hi all,

Android android-x86_64-6.0-r2.iso burned on USB
Wireless keyboard and wireless mouse
Desktop PC

Boot up Android. The hard disk is detected.

Select install Android on disk
-> OK

on next screen both wireless keyboard and wireless mouse unable to work. TAB and UP/DOWN key all fail to work.

I can boot up Android. It works as LiveCD.

Is it possible to install Android on hard disk from there, including formating the hard disk? If YES, please advise how? Pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards
satimis

Follow my guide:)

http://androidforums.com/threads/installation-tips-tricks-and-guides.1061236/

Also, when running an emulator, the CPU and RAM is shared with the OS that is running it. When dual booting x86, the full capability of the machine is available.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi all,

ISO tried;
android-x86_64-6.0-r1.iso
android-x86_64-6.0-r2.iso
installed on USB Pendrive

Installation went through without problem.

Code:
Do you want to install boot loader GRUB
yes/skip
Tried both

Code:
Do you wan to install /system directory as read-write
yes/no
Tried both

Code:
Android-x86 is installed successfully
Reboot
Unable to boot (USB Pendrive removed)

The strange thing is "boot loader can be installed while installing both ISO mentioned above on VM of VirtualBox." Both Android versions can be booted after installation.

On google searches I found some threads relating to unable to install boot loader.

Regards
satimis

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones