1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support how to let wifi be switched on even when the phone screen is off?

1. evilguy93

evilguy93 New Member

I switched on my wifi and is using ebuddy and whatsapp, however when i turn my phone sxreen off, i can no longer receive msgs from others and only when i switched on the sxreen will i receive the msg. so is my wifi temporarily switched off? If yes, how can i setit to be always on? And the batt life of lg optimus black is quite short so would this permenant switching on of wifi further reduce the batt life by a lot? Also how would that be compared to switching 3G network permenantly on?

Thanks very much!

Advertisement
  2. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

Hey EVIL (heh heh) you should be able to go to your wifi- Advanced Settings and select "Never Sleeps" . My guess is that, even when your screen is off (timed out), your wi-fi should still be active....
  3. evilguy93

evilguy93 New Member

Hi, may i know how can i access the advanced setting of my wifi?
  4. Callistus

Callistus Active Member

Enter WiFi settings and press the menu button.

Kinda weird Android doesn't keep it in the settings tree. :confused: