• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to reinstall an app?

Pedro Vera

Dec 17, 2014
This seems like a bug to me...

I took a new phone to Europe. Verizon recommended to remove the SIM card to avoid roaming charges, so I did. The hotel had free wireless, but each day, you have to enter your last name and room number in a webpage.

Here is the bug... while typing in my name, the browser's type-ahead feature wants to contact the internet, via my gmail id, and because the wi-fi is not yet active, and no cell access, it cannot connect to the internet... I got password failures, several in a row, followed by a 'try again or cancel' message. It interrupted my typing of my name to get wi-fi access. If I 'cancelled' and tried to continue typing my name, it would start again to try to logon to the internet. I was never able to complete my name and get wifi access. :-(

To circumvent that process, I tried to uninstall the app. But I think that got my gmail id banned.

My questions: 1) how to figure out what I uninstalled, 2) how to re-install it, 3) how to get my gmail id re-instated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones