• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to run a Script in OpenRecovery

asmoler

Lurker
Dec 16, 2010
I would like to know how you can run a script when the phone is in Recovery Mode. I have a .sh file I would like to execute.

This is what I have tried so far:

Use RSD Lite 4.6 to to load a vulnerable recovery for bootloader 90.78. I know that this vulnerable recovery works because I used it to achieve ROOT and to load an update.zip file to do Nandroid backups.

The phone SD card did not have an OpenRecovery/Scripts folder so I created one using Windows explorer with the card in the card reader of the PC. I placed that folder and then. Once more I used RSD to load the Vulnerable Recovery and boot directly into Recovery mode (using the Power Up + X key on the keypad), without booting up to the regular phone mored first.

When in recovery mode I don't have any option to run a script.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any insights!!!!:eek:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones