• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM

If it's still stuck just pull the battery, reinstall, power on.
im really sorry but im a newbiee and have some grasp of this followed all the directions....(Root, Rom etc) but yeah just reinstall....thankss
Update: ITS OFF THE LG SCREEN!!! (woot woot) and just now while im typing this it just got fixed! it works! Thank you so much you are amazing! Thanks ALOT!

Upvote 0
im really sorry but im a newbiee and have some grasp of this followed all the directions....(Root, Rom etc) but yeah just reinstall....thankss
Update: ITS OFF THE LG SCREEN!!! (woot woot) and just now while im typing this it just got fixed! it works! Thank you so much you are amazing! Thanks ALOT!

What he meant by reinstall was put the battery back in

Upvote 0
Green machine is just a theme you add to backside but first let's get your Google apps. Get the gapps.zip file, you can find it in the backside thread, make sure it's in the root of your sd card, go back into your recovery, select install zip as you did when installing the Rom but this time select gapps.zip once that's finished push back then select reboot, now it will have you sign in with your Google account then lead you into downloading Google apps from the market, download what you need and welcome to backside.

Upvote 0
Gingerbroke recently. Getting comfortable running root privileges before deciding on how to proceed.

After reading about running gingerbreak w/ stock sd card vs my replacement 16gb sd, I played around with both disks and made the following observation. Booting w/ 2GB sd is much faster due to never using it after activating phone. That makes sense because there was practically nothing loaded there and it is smaller. I decided to root with the 2 gb sd installed. It took 3 minutes from start to finish, including verifying a successful root.

Rooting was really a piece of cake thanks to The Android Exploid Crew, Chainfire, Whyzor, mkbkr1 and all community contributors.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones