• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To: Sync iTunes with Android

I tried to use iTunes with the iSyncr app to sync music and playlists to my S4, but it didn't work properly; the playlists weren't accurate and not all the music would sync. I did a lot of research and tried all the other suggested ways I could find for syncing music and playlists to an S4 (including WMP, Winamp, and dragging files directly into the card's Music folder). It has taken me a couple of months, and I finally found one that works both perfectly and easily: MediaMonkey. Here's how to do it:

1. Delete all the playlists and music off of your phone just to ensure a clean first sync.
  2. Install the freeware MediaMonkey. You don't need the phone app.
  3. Export all your playlists from your usual media software to .m3u format
  4. Drag the .m3u playlist files onto the "Music" tab in the list on the left bar of MediaMonkey. MediaMonkey will take a while importing all the playlists and all the music files associated with them.
  5. Connect your phone to your computer as a hard drive, wait for it to show up in the left bar of MediaMonkey, and then in MediaMonkey select the card you want to store your music files on (for most people this will be an external SD card.)
  6. Double click on the card in MediaMonkey and choose your "Auto Sync" settings. Click Auto Sync, and let it run overnight.
  7. Check your phone in the morning and rejoice that all your playlists and music files are there and correct!
  8. Continue to be relieved throughout the day that the playlists on your phone don't suddenly change or disappear.

Hope that helps!! :D

P.S. No, I do NOT work for MediaMonkey. I'm just an up-until-yesterday frustrated S4 user who finally solved a long-standing problem and I want to help other people avoid having to go through all the trouble I did!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones