• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To: Sync iTunes with Android

I'm a bit confused. I downloaded itunes agent. Where do I go and how do I mount it as a hard drive?

Mounting your sdcard to your PC is usually the same for every phone (although you didn't specify which you own). Once you plug the phone into your pc by USB, you should see an icon appear in the notification bar. Click that and it should give you the option to do so.

Upvote 0
Am I right to assume that the notification bar that I am looking for is on the computer, not the phone right?

I downloaded Itunes Agent. It is running in the system tray. I do not get a message on the computer asking to mount.

I have a PC. I thank you for your help! I am trying to understand this!! Thanks for your patience with me.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by moe_12345
Only problem is PLAYLISTS DO NOT show up on your android device - the music files sync just fine but that's about it.

Yeah, that's very annoying. Other than that though this is really cool, thanks!

Whoa, hey wait - what?! That's the whole point I am trying to use this program; for the playlists.

What's the point of this program otherwise? I can just drag and drop my iTunes music folder onto my sd card to update it and click 'yes' to merge folders when asked.

Upvote 0
There are loads of apps which will allow me to dump music from my PC to my phone but I'm after a way that I can copy playlist's to my phone.

I want to be able to create playlists on my PC (I don't mind if it's in another media player other than iTunes but Itunes would be better) and copy the playlist (not just the music within the playlist) so the playlist actually shows up on my phone as a playlist.

So far I've tried Double Twist, Winamp and Samsungs Kies but no luck.

Can someone please help as I'm actually tempted to go back to iPhone over this issue.

Upvote 0
There are loads of apps which will allow me to dump music from my PC to my phone but I'm after a way that I can copy playlist's to my phone.

I want to be able to create playlists on my PC (I don't mind if it's in another media player other than iTunes but Itunes would be better) and copy the playlist (not just the music within the playlist) so the playlist actually shows up on my phone as a playlist.

So far I've tried Double Twist, Winamp and Samsungs Kies but no luck.

Can someone please help as I'm actually tempted to go back to iPhone over this issue.

iSyncr allows you to sync playlists from itunes. It's a paid app, if you want to sync more than 20 songs, but it works.

Upvote 0
I like to know if this works for the Samsung Galaxy S2. I tried Double twist, not happy as it did not produce desired results: now using Kies from Samsung: the bigger issue was that I could see most of the playlists, but no tracks inside the individual playlists, or had to create playlists. Had to manually link individual tracks to the playlists. if this works just like Itunes worked on my Ipod, I will be very thrilled. That way, I can have both my Ipod and my Galaxy having the same tracks.

Upvote 0
I the same as above would like to know if this works with the S2, how do I mount the phone?

I'm trying it with the GS2 right now as well. I think the problem is you need to have an SD card, even if you have ample internal memory. I keep getting to this problem:

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q97/Zax_Gentoo/galaxys2.png

So basically, it's grayed out for me to select anything in the phone, though I can select things like the C: drive. Is this because I need the SD card, or am I doing something else wrong?

Upvote 0
I have not read anything about the possibility of iTunes with an iPod or iPhone when resume listening to a podcast and entering automaticaly at the point when you have left it. Or when you synchronise new podcasts, the podcast which you have not completely finished, it synchonise automaticaly and start also from the place you left it the last time. This is for me a great advantage in using an iPod or iPhone. I want to know if this usage is possible with Android. Otherwise Android is not a choice for me, which i regret.

Upvote 0
It is 100% possible with android.

Keep in mind, there are always multiple ways to go about something on android, but this is the way I would do it.

It would be easiest to not download them from itunes. There are a number of podcast apps on android that can remember your place for you just like you want. The benefit is that you don't need to connect to a PC to get podcasts - you can do it where ever you have a data connection.

However, if downloading them via itunes is a requirement, you can still do that using one particular podcast app. Doggcatcher, which is the one I use, can treat a folder on your sdcard as if it were a podcast feed. Anything you put in that folder is treated as a newly released podcast. So, just point it in the direction of where itunes is syncing a particular podcast to your sdcard, and you've got what you wanted :)

The only downside to using it in itunes is that I don't believe there is a way to have itunes know which you have/haven't listened to.

Upvote 0
I am looking to switch from my iPhone over to android in the next 2 weeks either to the GS2 LTE or new Nexus coming out. I have a mac computer with itunes and my entire music library is on there as well. I would purchase iSync to bring over my music, but would I also be able to bring over my movies from iTunes as well? And if so, would I be able to pick out certain ones?
Robert

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones