• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to turn off whatsapp message preview in the notification bar

happyspace

Lurker
Apr 22, 2013
Hi everyone,

I've been searching for an answer to my problem but with no luck.

Whatsapp shows the message content in the swipe down notification bar but I don't want to see the message there. I just want the notification icon in the top bar.

Does anyone know how to disable it?

Hi everyone,

Whatsapp shows the message content in the swipe down notification bar but I don't want to see the message there. I just want the notification icon in the top bar.

Hi all.. I tried the following in my Moto G2 phone and it worked. Now I am not able to see the watsapp notifications in the home screen:
1. Go to Android phone settings -> Apps ->
Whatsapp -> uncheck the "Show notifications" box below the Force Stop and Uninstall option.

Notifications stopped appearing in the home screen for me!!

Upvote 0
I use an application called CM Security... It's hides the notification content.
Screenshot_2015-08-08-21-51-07.png

Upvote 0
In Samsung A5

Settings - Application settings - Messages - Notifications - Preview messages ( Uncheck the option )

Hi everyone,

Upvote 0
I have oneplus one and its currently running on lineage 7.1.1. The solution of this problem is very simple for the people who are using android 7.0 and above.
Go to setting- apps - whatsapp- notification - and then there is slider. Fix it on level 4 ot according to your convenience.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170630-113921.png
    Screenshot_20170630-113921.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 5,764
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones