• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HTC desire car charger

My phone kept overheating and turning off when using the native satnav. I tried all sorts of charges but could not cure it.

In the end I loaded CoPilot satnav on the SD card and now it works fine and just gets a bit warm.

There is a well documented defect on some handsets that causes them to shut down when they get hot. The only fix is a new motherboard. Sounds like you may have the issue but are working around it with co-pilot that does not hammer the phone as hard as google navigation. Does the same thing happen if doing something like gaming while on charge?
Using the satnav. while charging should be fine so long as the phone is not also in strong direct sunlight as well (an air vent mounted holder is the best type).
This problem is often progressive. I would be inclined to get HTC to fix it before the warrentee runs out.

Upvote 0
Hello Everybody,
I read this thread with great attention because I needed a car holder and charger for my Desire Bravo.
One thing I am not sure of is when one uses the air vent holder, how do we do in winter when the heating in the car is on? This will certainly increase the heat around the Desire and my make it overheat!!
Any opinion?
Cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones