• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Desire HD Nightmare!!

Hopecole

Lurker
Nov 11, 2011
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone could help me:
So I have cracked my screen on a jolly good night out by dropping it on the floor and then a heel came along and made a nice crack in the bottom corner!
The first trouble was that I would not unlock my screen lock as only the bottom half of my phone still recognised my touch.
The next trouble was that I tried to connect my phone to the computer to try and transfer as much information as I could - but found the phone was on USB bugging mode and not disk transfer or HTC sync.
I then purposely did the wrong combination to my screen lock so I may have been able to try and input my googlemail email address - getting to this screen I can see the cursor in the box to input my email address, but it does not recognise me pressing it so therefore the keyboard does not appear. Also when turning it landscape it doesn't move - otherwise I'm sure that I would be able to use the screen that way.
Does anyone else have any ideas as to how to get information from my phone to the computer? I have opened HTC Sync but it say's there is no phone connected.
It is being sent of for repair and I just wanted to retain as much information as possible - luckily all my text messages from a previous app go to my googlemail account, but not all of the telephone contacts are there, and retaining my calender informaiton would be so helpful.

Many thanks in advance :)

My first thing would be to remove the mem card as you might find a lot is saved on there, a simple adaptor would then allow you to transfer to your pc.

If the touch screen doesn't work, I'm not sure what you can do.

If phone contacts are saved to sim, these should be easily recovered if you have a reader (or if you know someone who does)

Upvote 0
There's a little info here. Basically the same problem as you, the screen cracked and they wanted to save contact info. If you ask HTC nicely enough, they won't wipe when they repair.

Also, if you scroll down to the bottom of the thread, there's a post by scary alien which allows you to control the phone via your PC.

Reactions: Hopecole
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones