• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC DROID Eris OS 2.1v3 download

If you aren't comfortable doing stuff to your phone or you have doubts about it then i always say the exact same thing.....don't do it.

That's my problem. I AM comfortable with it.:) I had v2 leak on my phone before I sent it back for various force closes. Since then I've had 1.5 and I hoped to hold out for the ota or take the plunge and root. I'm an extremely indecisive person if you can't tell. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I find it interesting that there is so much blind trust with downloading and installing a leak for the 2.1 update.

for all u all know there is a major glitch in it which bricks ur phone. Anyways if theres a new updated leak I would assume that the offical update will be out very soon. You have any insight on that caddy?

I honestly have no idea

When a member as well regarded as Caddy states that it is legit, and it didn't brick his phone, I feel comfortable doing it to my phone too.

thank you, yes, i would never post something up that i hadn't used myself.

Upvote 0
haha very true! But i feel comfortable messing with devices as I have messed with quite a few, but for some reason I keep convincing myself to wait for an OTA. which probably wont happen anytime soon.

I'm in the same boat Brian. I've done my fair share of device tampering in the past but keep convincing myself that I'll just wait *onemoreday* for the OTA. I'm beginning to think these leaks are the best we'll get (at least for a while) and given the faith I have in Caddy, I might finally take the plunge tomorrow.

Upvote 0
im having an issue, it never asks me if i want to install the update. after booting up with volume down and power, the status bar loads and then i get the option for fastboot or recovery. can anyone help me with that?

I had that problem when I used a different SD card. I then used the SD card that I originally had in my phone and started the reboot again with Volume Down & End button. I didn't get those fastbook or recovery options again and things proceeded like normal.

Upvote 0
im having an issue, it never asks me if i want to install the update. after booting up with volume down and power, the status bar loads and then i get the option for fastboot or recovery. can anyone help me with that?

Same problem, but no status bar loading. Only
<send> FastBoot Mode
<vol up> recovery

Ive installed all previous leaks without problems. Ideas?

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat Brian. I've done my fair share of device tampering in the past but keep convincing myself that I'll just wait *onemoreday* for the OTA. I'm beginning to think these leaks are the best we'll get (at least for a while) and given the faith I have in Caddy, I might finally take the plunge tomorrow.

Yeah, ive bricked 3 PSP's so far and Ive messed around with my Ipod some but im just a little more skeptical when it comes to my phone i guess since I need it for things more important than video games and music. Something tells me we will be waiting for that OTA for a long time......... I think I will take the plunge once I get back home!

Upvote 0
The first e-mail that I opened up on my account didn't have pics on it. However, I think it is a formatting issue with how the sender spits it out versus a rendering deal on my phone.

I opened up a Gamestop e-mail and the images there loaded up just fine.

I was hoping for a fix for the notes field in People, but sadly it doesn't expand when you press on it. Once again, it does nothing.

I got the ToS screen in the Android Market, but from there I was able to load up apps fairly easily.

Apps or games that require or use the mobile browser work without any issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones