HTC Droid Incredible TVoutAccessories

Last Updated:

1. crashdogy

crashdogy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Not_A_Saint

Not_A_Saint Member

So I tried to check WireFly's site, and they don't have any accessories for the DROID Incredible yet, but they do have a page. So we'll just have to keep watching for these cables to become available. Hope they have more than just a composite cable. HDMI or RCA would sell too... Just not sure if they could do that.

3. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

There are 2 threads with this? Also, composite == RCA ;)

4. stuartredman1

stuartredman1 Member

Ill use it

5. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

6. iAmKing

iAmKing Member

7. contagous

contagous Well-Known Member

Aww lame, the Evo HDMI cable is only 10$, but the only cable i can find for ours, is $30 from HTC, but not available yet :( Sigh...

8. papamarik

papamarik Well-Known Member

I just got a call from htcpedia and they are now processing order for tv out cable.

"Confirmation: The shipment with HTC TV Out cables for HTC Incredible will be here after 4:30pm EST today, Friday July 2nd, 2010. All orders will be shipped out on Tuesday July 6th as Monday July 5th is an Independence Day holiday."

They told me they are getting 300pcs later today and already 267 only available.

HTC Droid Incredible TV-Out Cable

troddeh and ReuseablePlastix like this.
  9. Excedio

Excedio Well-Known Member

Nice. About time.

10. pirate943

pirate943 Well-Known Member

trying to think of a reason to use that...none come to mind.

11. Excedio

Excedio Well-Known Member

Who needs a reason! :D

12. trellis27

trellis27 Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this to come out already. My Wife's Murano has a TV in the back that accepts audio video inputs....Live TV in the back seat doesn't get any better than this.

13. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

When out of town, ability to watch home cable/sat/DVR via slingbox on available TVs.

Car's head unit has a "video in" port, again to watch/listen home TV service via sling.

14. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

15. ReuseablePlastix

ReuseablePlastix Active Member

I'm thinking I'd like this so I can use it as a single line out from the phone to the aux port in my car that will charge it at the same time. Maybe that makes me lazy because I don't want to plug two things in when I get in the car, but I also like a clean look. Not to mention, I haven't seen a cable that carries audio from the micro usb port to a 2.5 in jack (and I assume this one will, at least via an adapter/splitter). So I think this is the only cable that will do so far.

I'm hoping I might be able to rig a dock in the ash tray of my center console area (above the shifter) that I can just automatically stick my phone in for the drive. That way it's completely visible for nav, will play music, and keep a charge.

16. trowpa

trowpa Well-Known Member

now if that elusive hulu app ever becomes a reality.....

17. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

not to hijack thread but its a related question.

i have two dvd players in the backseat of my car both have AV in. could I split the tv out from the INC so i could output to the two dvd players at the same time?

if so what is needed to do that?

thanks!!!

18. ikediggety

ikediggety Well-Known Member

A composite distribution amplifier.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

19. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

so go out from INC into A composite distribution amplifier

then out from that two times one into one DVD and one into the other?

thats it?

THANKS!!

20. Stroupified

Stroupified Well-Known Member

21. ReuseablePlastix

So I got my cable in the mail yesterday. When trying to hook it up like I wanted to above I realized that the video line has to have some sort of feed for the DINC to recognize it has something plugged into it and actually switch to TV out mode. So playing with it some more, I found that grounding the video line got the phone to recognize the TV out cable was plugged in and enabled it to play the audio through my car stereo like I was hoping. I grounded it by connecting it to one of the metal seat guides on the floor of the car. Now I'll just need to find a way to make that connection more permanent.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else had some crazy ideas about using this cable for more than just displaying on a TV. I'd love to know if anyone else has a better idea for me.

Steel36 and Kaelin like this.
  22. Kaelin

Kaelin Well-Known Member

That's good to know. I ordered 2 of these cables and they are supposed to arrive today. I had the same idea as you. I want to use 1 of them in my car and connect it to the audio input on my stereo. If Seidio actually ships my case someday, I plan to make a car dock with this cable built in. Let me know if you find a better way to connect it and I'll do the same.

I have a video input that goes to the kids dvd player mounted in the back but that isn't on all the time.

23. kyler13

kyler13 Well-Known Member

This is good info. I've been feverishly trying to find a slim 3.5" right angle connector-to-RCA cable. None seem to exist. I've found the traditional fat jacket stereo plugs don't play well with my case, but my ipod headphones and other slim connectors seat just fine. Still, line out would be a better option so I like what you've done here. I may abandon my search. For grounding the video RCA connector, might I suggest picking up a cheap mono cable with a female RCA on one end, cutting it, and wiring it to ground somewhere. That way you can simply connect the video to that instead of butchering the $30 cable. Then you can pull it for use elsewhere as needed.

So, is the only place to get this still HTCpedia? Anybody have any idea when Verizon will actually sell this?

24. ReuseablePlastix

I'm curious of this too actually. When I received my cable, the packaging read that the sell price was $19.99. HTCpedia however is selling these for $29.99. Sounds a little shady to me ...but we don't pay for shipping at that price, so maybe not shady. I guess I have 45 days to see what Verizon does.

25. ReuseablePlastix

Great idea, I might give this a try. Thanks!