• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC EVO 3D Memory question...

AndroidMax

Android Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2010
So I'm still trying to figure out just what my 3vo is telling me...

TASK MANAGER Program reports:
2011-08-24_17-17-07.jpg

Manage Applications tab shows Running Programs:
2011-08-24_17-17-21.jpg

and the Internal Storage Tab shows:
2011-08-24_17-17-42.jpg

So I guess my question is WTF, Google????? Why doesn't this make any sense or jive from one screen to the next????

Pictures 1 and 2 are for ram, picture 3 is for just that part of rom reserved for app storage.

As you run something to tell you what the ram is - it uses ram. It is therefore impossible to ever get two different ram reporting programs to tell you the same thing, because each is using the ram itself before giving you a report.

And if you're more than curious and are trying to use this info to decide how to manage and kill tasks - please don't, it's counterproductive to how Android works. ;)

Android is constantly optimizing ram while you run. So - even using one program to tell your ram, it's like the weather - wait a minute, it'll change.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/362038-memory-task-management.html

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Yeah I have to say, this is by far the best HTC phone I've ever owned. This being the 4th now. The battery life on this is amazing. I believe it's mostly due to the power management built into Sense 3.0. I can easily go an entire day with moderate usage and not have to recharge. I can go about 16 hours on heavy usage without having to recharge also. I can also say I've installed a rom using Sense 3.0 on my old Evo 4G and the battery life on it shot through the roof. I managed to get 32 hours on a single charge on moderate usage. So like EarlyMon said, I wouldn't mess around trying to kill tasks on this phone, not with the way android is made and with the insane power management htc layered on top of it.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones