• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC EVO in a television series

nice. if you haven't noticed, product placement in shows is at an all-time high, thanks to DVRs and people fast-forwarding through commercials. If the product is now part of the show, you can't miss it :)

sometimes it's so blatant that it's a turnoff. there's definitely some skill into blending the "ad" into the show.

Sprint managed to incorporate their logo in every piece of mobile gadgetry on 24. Jack Bauer's phone, PDA, etc were all "sprint" products, lol.

Upvote 0
I was watching TNT's The Closer and at about 45 minutes in, there is an excellent shot of our favorite phone. The scene last for about 5 minutes with the HTC EVO getting plenty of camera time.

OMFG!

It's a phone. O.K.?
Wait a minute...is this the Star-Trek fan club site?

Nope, just checked.

Here you go, you'll fit in just fine!

The Trek BBS - Powered by vBulletin

Upvote 0
Sprint easily has the most product placement screen time on 24. Even when they aren't using cell phones theyll just show the spring logo on a computer for no reason. Season 8 shows quite a few HTC Hero's, so i would expect the upcoming movie to possibly have Evo's. Unless something better comes out before they start shooting.

Upvote 0
OMFG!

It's a phone. O.K.?
Wait a minute...is this the Star-Trek fan club site?

Nope, just checked.

Here you go, you'll fit in just fine!

The Trek BBS - Powered by vBulletin

Nope its the evo fan club, and if you don't see that the more they advertise this phone, the more people want it and a less chance the evo will get left in the dark for future updates etc...

Upvote 0
Nope its the evo fan club, and if you don't see that the more they advertise this phone, the more people want it and a less chance the evo will get left in the dark for future updates etc...

Actually, no, I don't "see it."
The Evo WILL 'Get lost in the dark," as will any and ALL future breads of the latest and greatest smart phones. The Evo will be rendered obsolete long before our two year contracts expire. My best guess is Christmas of this year.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones