HTC Hero usb dont recognize

Last Updated:

1. zixer

zixer New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello. I have searched google and this forum to find a solution to my problem but i cant find it so i might as well ask the question :).

At first when i got my HERO everything was in perfect order but after the rom update HTC released its been going down hill. The toogleheadset app fixed a major issue for me but i have another issue and i actually dont think its the ROM update that is causing it.

When i plug a usb cable into my computer and then into my hero, normally i would just pull down the notification bar and press mount. But now my computer says "usb unit didnt recognized" ? I have tried deleting apps from the phone, restarting, resetting, uninstalled HTC sync and installed again. Nothing seems to work so i would really appreciate the help :)

If theres grammar problems its because im Danish :)

Advertisement
  2. praveenzp

praveenzp Member

Try another computer...

Some computers may have problems with USB ports...

3. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Try another USB port or another USB cable...

4. jplamb

jplamb Well-Known Member

I had to download new drivers from the internet, can not remember where i got them but it solved the problem straight away

5. Haizum74

Haizum74 Guest

Uninstall the drivers, do a clean of registry (ccleaner for example) and re install drivers, reboot PC and then try it. Worked for me on XP

6. zixer

Will try that. Thanks

7. zixer

what drivers should i uninstall ? I have tried it on 3 other computers and i get the same message.