• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC M8 accessories (discussion, reviews) -Read first post for review links!

I finally received my UAG Maverick case..Very pleased with the quality,design and fit.All cutouts are perfect. Power button,volume rocker work excellent.I would recommend UAG cases to anyone that wants good protection and a nice looking case.If your into this type of case.It's very lightweight, small lip above the display also to protect the screen during drops etc.The company said they were working on fixing their slow shipping process and it should be worked out in two weeks. Since it took so long to receive mine they sent me a code to get a second case free of charge, so I ordered my daughter one for her IPhone.Here are a few pics of my case.
IMAG0994_zps2mpg4gan.jpg
IMAG0995_zpschapjvut.jpg

20140505_131239_zpsykk5jk9h.jpeg

20140505_131206_zpstsgpadyv.jpeg

Reactions: SolApathy
Upvote 0
I'm having trouble finding the perfect case for me. Currently using the first one I bought, which I only bought as a temporary case till I found a good one. Its just a thin clear hardshell with minimal protection. I got it from ebay here:

Ultra Thin Air Clear Case for HTC One M8 Free Shipping | eBay

It looks nice on my Amber Gold phone. It is very minimal, and fits well. The smooth glossy plastic affords some friction on the fingertips but conversely it wants to slide out of my pocket when seated too easily.

At the same time, I ordered the Kayscase slim hardshell from Amazon, which turned out to be junk. The case itself was a clearer plastic but the phone slid around in the case from top to bottom slightly and the edge of the case by the volume buttons was too flimsy. I threw it in the garbage. Here it is:

Amazon.com - KAYSCASE Slim Hard Shell HTC One Plus (HTC One+, HTC One Plus, HTC ONE 2, M8, the All New One) Cover Case (Lifetime Warranty) (Clear) -

Over the weekend two other cases arrived from Amazon, the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid and the Supcase Premium Ultra Slim Fit Softgel Flexible TPU case. They both fit fine, but the matte polycarbonate finish on both case backs provided no friction grip whatsoever. The phone slid around in my hand far easier than the cheap ebay clear plastic hardshell case I have on it. Also, it was too easy to bump the power button cover on the Beetle case and turn on the phone. I was accidentally turning the phone on too much while it was in my pocket.

My ideal case has a smooth rubbery surface to provide good friction grip with the fingers, no power button cover, and a small lip to afford screen protection when face down. I think I'll try the Spigen Ultra fit clear capsule one next. My previous phone (HTC Rezound) had the HTC OEM TPU case on it and it was perfect.

Upvote 0
Got this bumper case in yesterday:

0 7mm Ultra Slim Aluminum Metal Bumper Case Cover Frame for HTC One M8 Protector | eBay

Perfect fit,cut-outs & buttons are precise.Installation is by a hinged clasp located on the lower left-hand corner.

The aluminum construction adds a negligible amount of weight to the phone.Also,the aluminum does not interfere w/cell reception,as the inner edge is lined w/a thin layer of padding to prevent antenna interference & scuffing when installing/removing the case.

As this is a bumper case,the backside is exposed,however,there is a minimal amount of edge protection offered for the screen,so you can lay the phone face-down on a flat/clean surface w/o worry.

This case is available in several colors,& to each their own,but,I'd recommend going w/the black.It provides the perfect contrast (IMHO) for the Gun-Metal Grey version.

*EDIT*

Gotta knock the rating down a notch:
After a few days use,I discovered/realized the power button interferes with I/R Remote functions.
I have a couple extra transparent buttons from another case that I'm going to attempt to trim to fit.

As is now,I simply removed the button that came with this case.Easy enough,as it's merely held in place by the protective inner lining.
Without the power button in place,it's a bit of a bother to depress the phone's power button (a fingernail will do the trick).
Anyway,the entire power button dilemna can be overcome w/the double-tap to wake & one of several apps in the GOOGLE PLAY STORE that utilize the phones proximity sensor to turn the screen off.

Upvote 0
I'm having trouble finding the perfect case for me. Currently using the first one I bought, which I only bought as a temporary case till I found a good one. Its just a thin clear hardshell with minimal protection. I got it from ebay here:

Ultra Thin Air Clear Case for HTC One M8 Free Shipping | eBay

It looks nice on my Amber Gold phone. It is very minimal, and fits well. The smooth glossy plastic affords some friction on the fingertips but conversely it wants to slide out of my pocket when seated too easily.

At the same time, I ordered the Kayscase slim hardshell from Amazon, which turned out to be junk. The case itself was a clearer plastic but the phone slid around in the case from top to bottom slightly and the edge of the case by the volume buttons was too flimsy. I threw it in the garbage. Here it is:

Amazon.com - KAYSCASE Slim Hard Shell HTC One Plus (HTC One+, HTC One Plus, HTC ONE 2, M8, the All New One) Cover Case (Lifetime Warranty) (Clear) -

Over the weekend two other cases arrived from Amazon, the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid and the Supcase Premium Ultra Slim Fit Softgel Flexible TPU case. They both fit fine, but the matte polycarbonate finish on both case backs provided no friction grip whatsoever. The phone slid around in my hand far easier than the cheap ebay clear plastic hardshell case I have on it. Also, it was too easy to bump the power button cover on the Beetle case and turn on the phone. I was accidentally turning the phone on too much while it was in my pocket.

My ideal case has a smooth rubbery surface to provide good friction grip with the fingers, no power button cover, and a small lip to afford screen protection when face down. I think I'll try the Spigen Ultra fit clear capsule one next. My previous phone (HTC Rezound) had the HTC OEM TPU case on it and it was perfect.

Finally found a good case. Got this TPU case on ebay, less than $6:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351041723586?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It's lightweight, fits well, and most importantly, makes the phone stay stuck in my hand when using it one-handed. The surface is glossy and sticky against the skin on my hand. Both the Supcases I had were not sticky at all and I constantly felt like the phone was going to slip out of my hand. One issue I did have with the new case is that the power button was pressing on the phone's power button too much and causing it to want to power down so I took an X-acto knife and cut out the case's power button. I prefer the phone's power button uncovered so it doesn't get bumped in my pocket.

Upvote 0
I just love the sexy curves of HTC and there is no way on earth I will hide it underneath some cover. I totally understand the need of it for most of the users but just not the right thing for me I guess. Screen protectors are my way to go, got this real ECONOMIC one from ebay, gearmaxx and works super-fine with. Paid like 12 bucks and really got no complaints what so ever.

Beautiful stuff and maintains the beauty of my phone too.
Have a look at the edges, installation was real good too:

20140521_152827_zpsbf1ffd51.jpg

20140521_154318_zps840d5e03.jpg

20140521_155732_zps5e0b63ce.jpg

That's my device, and hurray I installed it myself. No bubbles this time around!! :)

Upvote 0
Urban Armor: just released today for the M8. I have to say these look like pretty sweet rugged cases that are available in 5 colors. Check out the 2 links below

Urban Armor preview

Urban Armor website

I ordered this case online the day my new HTC One M8 arrived. I got it in black because I don't like to draw too much attention to my phone in public. It's real easy to install. It gives just a little and grips the phone all around. I like it very much. It comes with a thin plastic screen protector but I've ordered a tempered glass one from Tech Armor as added protection. I have already dropped the encased phone indoors onto a wooden floor with no noticeable damage. I'm sure when I take it outdoors; there will be harsher challenges.

Upvote 0
Is there a quality case that reduces the phone's wobble on a flat surface. One that squares it off as it were. I heard the sedio surface case with the kickstand on the back makes the phone more steady on a table??? Thanks

I think the UAG case has a flat backside on it.

Yes, this is true. I personally like the phone but not the wobbly back. My UAG case cradles the curve on the inside offering a flat surface on the outside.

Upvote 0
I just got the M8 today. Replacing my Razr Maxx. i bought the Otterbox commuter case for it which I had on my Maxx and really liked it. What I didn't realize is the back of the phone is curved. I leave it flat on a table a lot when I'm using it. With the curved back it wobbles on the table when touching the screen. Does anyone know of a case with a flat back for it that is close to the Otterbox?

Upvote 0
I picked up the i-Blason kickstand case with holster and *really* like it.

I got this red one from Amazon.

71TTjKf23TL._SL1319_.jpg

61QQDuVIV8L._SL1316_.jpg

Cons -

1. It's not mega sticky like my Otterbox Defender on my old phone (LTEvo). But it's far from as slick as the naked phone.

2. You can see the thin line, molding seam along the edge of the red part, if you care about that sort of thing.

Pros -

1. Same approach as Otterbox Commuter case - soft, absorbing shell surrounded by outer hard shell.

2. Cut outs are wide and deep enough that nothing is going to get to the cameras, and yet you can comfortably hold your finger over the main cutout for the camera to use a heart rate monitor app.

3. Cutout for the power button so the IR feature isn't at risk. Cutout for the headphone and charging ports is large enough so you're not knocking against the case plugging stuff in.

4. Looks. The gang in the LG G3 prerelease thread made fun of its looks. I like armored cases and to me, armored cases make a phone look better, no matter what the original cosmetics are. If you're the same way, this looks great in the picture and even better in person. The black outer shell has a dull surface so its about as non-reflective as the soft part. It does NOT reflect light like in the pictures above. And the outer shell and inner soft part feel about the same.

5. Kickstand. The kickstand is excellent. I don't know how to use a phone without one. I tried it for almost a year and it made me miserable. Did I mention that the kickstand is excellent? Because it really is.

6. Holster. The reviews said the holster was too tight and useless. Mine fits the cased phone like a glove - perfectly. I prefer to leave my phone in a top pocket but I have some aloha shirts without pockets - the holster is perfect for those. The clip doesn't stick the whole affair out like my Otterbox did. (And therefore doesn't look like I'm packing heat under my shirt. I usually am packing heat anyway but it's not noticeable, so I don't need a phone ruining that. :D)

6. Price - cheap. I got it for $14 + shipping in two days for a total of $20. My buddy noticed me with it first day - insisted on seeing it. Was blown away by the kickstand. Insisted that I was lying when I told him the price. He ordered one on the spot for his iPhone and thanked me for getting him out the high-price case racket.

I really just ordered it as soon as I got home from the store thinking - ok, twenty bucks isn't bad and I'll have something while I decide between other premium armored cases. Forget about it. I'm just going to rock and roll with this one.

Comes in black, blue and red.

PS - the volume buttons are now easy to use - crazy easy.

Upvote 0
I picked up the i-Blason kickstand case with holster and *really* like it.

I got this red one from Amazon.

71TTjKf23TL._SL1319_.jpg

I really just ordered it as soon as I got home from the store thinking - ok, twenty bucks isn't bad and I'll have something while I decide between other premium armored cases. Forget about it. I'm just going to rock and roll with this one.

THX for the review. :)

As for the molding lines,not noticeable unless pointed out,no biggie at all.
If a mold for this were designed/built to hide every molding line,the tooling cost would skyrocket & result in OTTERBOX-esque pricing.
I'll take the trade-off every day,lots more accessories to buy w/the savings..... :D

Might wanna keep it out of DoglyMon's reach,he may mistaken it for a chew toy.......... ;)

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones