• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC mail vs Google Mail - HTC app not playing notification sound?

SFA_AOK

Aug 10, 2009
Wondered what people's thoughts were on the mail apps that come with the phone? I've been using the HTC app, but have noticed that after a day or so the notification sound stops playing when I receive an email. This happened for anyone else?

Anyone tried both apps for any length of time and have strong opinions over which app is better? I saw a review that said the HTC app is better but the Google one doesn't seem too bad to me... Anyone using the Google app that would care to chime in?

Wondered what people's thoughts were on the mail apps that come with the phone? I've been using the HTC app, but have noticed that after a day or so the notification sound stops playing when I receive an email. This happened for anyone else?

Anyone tried both apps for any length of time and have strong opinions over which app is better? I saw a review that said the HTC app is better but the Google one doesn't seem too bad to me... Anyone using the Google app that would care to chime in?
I stopped using HTC Mail as it was dragging the battery down..

Upvote 0
Think this (or similar) is the cause. The bug report linked to in that bug report is marked as "Future Release" and someone has said "Improvements have been made and will be in a future release" but that was back in January. I would have hoped that it would have been a part of Cupcake? Maybe it's not been released yet, the status hasn't been updated but then again, it may be because the "fix" was released but someone hasn't updated the bug?

Roll on Donut?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones