• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Trade Up Program

Sounds like a lot of work to net $0

Why bother with the one then? I must be missing something

It is a lot of work, but the Galaxy S4 is $220 (matching Amazon), while the HTC One is only $150 (matching Amazon). So savings of $70 + tax, and I'd get $100 for my TP2.

But if I did this, I forgot I'd also have to pay sales tax on the full $600 retail of the S4 (which is an extra $50), so wouldn't be much different then if I just sold my TP2 for like $40. I think I might just try to see if I can get $40 for it on Craigslist instead.

Upvote 0
No, they need the proof of purchase for the new phone, not the old one.

That's what I thought too, but when you read the terms and conditions, it's hard to tell if they also need it for the used one to prove you own it and it isn't stolen. And they say if for any reason you don't meet terms and conditions they keep your phone and send you $0. So it's a good thing to make sure before you put your used device in the mail. Once it's in the mail it's gone and you can't get it back.

Upvote 0
That's what I thought too, but when you read the terms and conditions, it's hard to tell if they also need it for the used one to prove you own it and it isn't stolen. And they say if for any reason you don't meet terms and conditions they keep your phone and send you $0. So it's a good thing to make sure before you put your used device in the mail. Once it's in the mail it's gone and you can't get it back.

Hmm, I'll have to shoot them an e-mail. The terms and conditions have two contradictions. But when you print off the shipping label it says

"PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE:
Your product
This shipping voucher
Valid proof of purchase for your new HTC device"

It says nothing about the proof of purchase for the old phone, but if they had wanted that, I could have produced it. I tend to keep receipts for major purchases until I no longer have said purchases. If they did need it they will get an ear full from me. :mad:

Upvote 0
I initially signed up for the $100 upgrade program, back in March, and never received my code. I called HTC to find out what happen. I received a called from HTC yesterday, Sunday 05May2013, and the nice HTC representative sent me an email with a number to the rebate program. I called today for my code and I am receiving a $100 for my old Sprint HTC Hero, which I bought in 2009. I included by original Sprint phone box, the otter box case and the USB cable. The Here had no damage on screen or body.

Upvote 0
I posted on the 24th of April regarding sending mine in and I have yet to hear if it has made it to HTC in one piece. It says still in transit but I can't track it either. It's kind of disconcerning because they say it takes 7-10 days and I only live 2 states away from where it was going. I have submitted 2 status requests on the site and nothing. still keeping my fingers crossed that I am not out a phone that I could get some sort of money for.

Upvote 0
Any body get any update from HTC on their sent in device ?
I went back to the website http://www.htctradeup.com/htcone/ and get this

Check Status

Estimate ID#: XXXXXXXX
Product Delivered To Recycler: April 26, 2013 (estimated) Product Validated By Recycler: May 1, 2013 (estimated)

Currently: We are currently waiting for the arrival of your recycled product. Please allow 7-10 days from the date of shipping to receive your confirmation email indicating your product has been received and independently verified.print your prepaid shipping label.

Estimated Reward* Your Product Information $100
When you Trade Up your current mobile phone and purchase a new HTC Phone.
noimage.jpg

Terms and Conditions

ZTEX500.jpg
Device Type: Cell Phone
Phone Brand:
ZTE
Phone Model:
Score / X500
Service Provider:
Cricket
Is the phone password protected?
No (4)
Is the phone fully functional?
Yes
Is there any liquid damage or corrosion?
No
Is the screen broken, damaged or leaking?
No

* The reward shown is estimated based on your product information provided to us. Upon visual inspection of your product should the description and/or condition be other than as currently described, you may receive a different value for your product.

Upvote 0
I am getting ready to send in my old HTC EVO 4G...
Have to take off the otter box and take off the screen protector too as it has a couple scratches on it.
I did the factory reset and it Looks like all the old pictures, contacts etc. are gone - But are they really gone???
Also wondering what you all sent in?
I was just going to send in Just the phone along with the requested documents - is that OK?
Was thinking about keeping the SD card and since I have the new HTC One, could keep the old charger for other rooms. As many stated above - just want my $100 and don't want to mess anything up...
Thanks - TimmaY

Upvote 0
Have to take off the otter box and take off the screen protector too as it has a couple scratches on it.
I did the factory reset and it Looks like all the old pictures, contacts etc. are gone - But are they really gone???
Also wondering what you all sent in?
I was just going to send in Just the phone along with the requested documents - is that OK?
Was thinking about keeping the SD card and since I have the new HTC One, could keep the old charger for other rooms. As many stated above - just want my $100 and don't want to mess anything up...
Thanks - TimmaY

Never give up your sd card. There are programs available to recover deleted files and pics. You would hate to think that great pic nobody was supposed to see was now available and out there :)

Upvote 0
Really nobody knows what happens when the phone is gone, so to say it is probable that this doesn't happen is just your guess. Not flaming you, just saying.

I'm just factoring in the fact that maybe 1 in 1000 people have a clue how to get the deleted info from a phone.
Take that time's the 10,000 phone's that come into a center like that and it's just not probable.

Upvote 0

?Also wondering what stuff besides the phone you all sent in?

Was thinking about keeping the SD card??? Maybe put a smaller SD card in it's place?
As many stated above - just want my $100 and don't want to mess anything up...Thanks - TimmaY

I'm not super worried about someone finding something on my phone - I really didn't use it for much more then talk/text/car show pictures/surf the web When Sprint's network let me arrgh

Really just want to make sure I send in the right stuff to get the $100
Would like to keep the 8G SD and my old charger if I could.... Any thoughts or have you seen any rules anywhere that I am missing??? Tim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones