1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General HTC Trade Up Program

1. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Sounds like a lot of work to net $0

Why bother with the one then? I must be missing something
  2. bobby2478

bobby2478 Well-Known Member

It is a lot of work, but the Galaxy S4 is $220 (matching Amazon), while the HTC One is only $150 (matching Amazon). So savings of $70 + tax, and I'd get $100 for my TP2.

But if I did this, I forgot I'd also have to pay sales tax on the full $600 retail of the S4 (which is an extra $50), so wouldn't be much different then if I just sold my TP2 for like $40. I think I might just try to see if I can get $40 for it on Craigslist instead.
  3. ironman187

ironman187 Well-Known Member

No, they need the proof of purchase for the new phone, not the old one.
  4. bobby2478

bobby2478 Well-Known Member

That's what I thought too, but when you read the terms and conditions, it's hard to tell if they also need it for the used one to prove you own it and it isn't stolen. And they say if for any reason you don't meet terms and conditions they keep your phone and send you $0. So it's a good thing to make sure before you put your used device in the mail. Once it's in the mail it's gone and you can't get it back.
  5. ironman187

Hmm, I'll have to shoot them an e-mail. The terms and conditions have two contradictions. But when you print off the shipping label it says

"PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE:
    Your product
    This shipping voucher
    Valid proof of purchase for your new HTC device"

It says nothing about the proof of purchase for the old phone, but if they had wanted that, I could have produced it. I tend to keep receipts for major purchases until I no longer have said purchases. If they did need it they will get an ear full from me. :mad:
  6. PilotBob

PilotBob Well-Known Member

I went to the special offer page... put in the info about my old phone... and clicked "reserve for later".

I ordered an HTC One yesterday, meeting the requirements. Now the email I have tells me:

Purchased your new HTC phone? Here's what to do next:
  7. grimlok78

grimlok78 Member

Use the promo code htc100
  8. PilotBob

PilotBob Well-Known Member

Already did that. Interesting, after I posed that I get an "updated GetRefund link" email which brings me to a different page that has a place to enter my personal id code.

I am able to get the the page but it is requesting info EIN and stuff about my phone. Guess I'll have to wait until I have the phone before I can finish that off.

BOb
  9. misplacetexan

misplacetexan Member

I initially signed up for the $100 upgrade program, back in March, and never received my code. I called HTC to find out what happen. I received a called from HTC yesterday, Sunday 05May2013, and the nice HTC representative sent me an email with a number to the rebate program. I called today for my code and I am receiving a $100 for my old Sprint HTC Hero, which I bought in 2009. I included by original Sprint phone box, the otter box case and the USB cable. The Here had no damage on screen or body.
  10. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member

I posted on the 24th of April regarding sending mine in and I have yet to hear if it has made it to HTC in one piece. It says still in transit but I can't track it either. It's kind of disconcerning because they say it takes 7-10 days and I only live 2 states away from where it was going. I have submitted 2 status requests on the site and nothing. still keeping my fingers crossed that I am not out a phone that I could get some sort of money for.
  11. clsA

clsA Well-Known Member Guide

Any body get any update from HTC on their sent in device ?
    I went back to the website http://www.htctradeup.com/htcone/ and get this

12. MysticalRide

MysticalRide Member

I am getting ready to send in my old HTC EVO 4G...
    Have to take off the otter box and take off the screen protector too as it has a couple scratches on it.
    I did the factory reset and it Looks like all the old pictures, contacts etc. are gone - But are they really gone???
    Also wondering what you all sent in?
    I was just going to send in Just the phone along with the requested documents - is that OK?
    Was thinking about keeping the SD card and since I have the new HTC One, could keep the old charger for other rooms. As many stated above - just want my $100 and don't want to mess anything up...
    Thanks - TimmaY
  13. clsA

Well 2 people over at XDA report they have gotten their rebates so I guess it's just a matter of days now. I could sure use the $100 myself
  14. rottonj

rottonj Well-Known Member

Never give up your sd card. There are programs available to recover deleted files and pics. You would hate to think that great pic nobody was supposed to see was now available and out there :)
  15. ironman187

Sadly, any info stored on internal memory can be recovered as well.
    rottonj likes this.
  16. rottonj

Well my old Blackberry just became way more valuable to me then $100.00 then.
  17. clsA

Bah chances are 1 in a million that someone with those skills would come across your phone and actually recover anything
  18. clsA

Possible yes, Probable not really
    those refurb houses have 10's of thousands of phone's to deal with chances of yours being recoverable are slim to none.
  19. rottonj

Maybe a chance you are willing to take, I'm not though. My piece of mind is worth the 100 bucks. I like my old phone too. I will find a use for it.
  20. rottonj

Really nobody knows what happens when the phone is gone, so to say it is probable that this doesn't happen is just your guess. Not flaming you, just saying.
  21. clsA

I'm just factoring in the fact that maybe 1 in 1000 people have a clue how to get the deleted info from a phone.
    Take that time's the 10,000 phone's that come into a center like that and it's just not probable.
  22. ironman187

Not probable does not mean there is no risk.
  23. MysticalRide

MysticalRide Member

I'm not super worried about someone finding something on my phone - I really didn't use it for much more then talk/text/car show pictures/surf the web When Sprint's network let me arrgh

Really just want to make sure I send in the right stuff to get the $100
    Would like to keep the 8G SD and my old charger if I could.... Any thoughts or have you seen any rules anywhere that I am missing??? Tim
  24. clsA

Keep Both should be no problem
  25. clsA

Visa checkcard come in the mail today from Clover wireless, $100 reward ...Woot
    KOLIO and ironman187 like this.