• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Huawei Ascend(metro pcs)

my huawei ascend connects to blue tooth but wont let me connect with anybody [i dont know if im saying that right]. any suggestions?

What are you trying to connect to? Have you used Bluetooth before?

I've only used it a few times to connect to other devices to transfer files but here is what I know.
You have to turn on bluetooth. Menu key> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Bluetooth. Then click on Bluetooth settings.
Discoverable default is hidden. You can select Discoverable for 120 or Always discoverable. One of the devices has to be discoverable.
If the other device is already discoverable you can use the Menu Key then select Scan for Device.
Select the device you are trying to connect with. It will ask you for the Pin code (I think that's what it's called). Default is usually 0000 (ours has this one) or 1234. I don't know about headsets because I've never used one but if the code is different it should tell you in it's owners manual.
For another phone (or device) you will have to put codes in both sides.
Then it will ask you if the device is Trusted or not. Select yes.

It should give you a connected and/or paired status.

If you are trying to transfer files, go to the file and select share or move (depending on the device) and you will have a bluetooth option, which will the give you a list of bluetooth devices. Select the one you want and it should send the file.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
What are you trying to connect to? Have you used Bluetooth before?

I've only used it a few times to connect to other devices to transfer files but here is what I know.
You have to turn on bluetooth. Menu key> Settings> Wireless & Networks> Bluetooth. Then click on Bluetooth settings.
Discoverable default is hidden. You can select Discoverable for 120 or Always discoverable. One of the devices has to be discoverable.
If the other device is already discoverable you can use the Menu Key then select Scan for Device.
Select the device you are trying to connect with. It will ask you for the Pin code (I think that's what it's called). Default is usually 0000 (ours has this one) or 1234. I don't know about headsets because I've never used one but if the code is different it should tell you in it's owners manual.
For another phone (or device) you will have to put codes in both sides.
Then it will ask you if the device is Trusted or not. Select yes.

It should give you a connected and/or paired status.

If you are trying to transfer files, go to the file and select share or move (depending on the device) and you will have a bluetooth option, which will the give you a list of bluetooth devices. Select the one you want and it should send the file.

I hope this helps.

what if nothing shows up after you scan?

Upvote 0
what if nothing shows up after you scan?

make sure the device you are searching for is set to "discoverable"
and what exactly are you trying to connect to? if its an iphone or a couple other phones from at&t you may be better off using a program such as Bump.
for some reason i have always had problems connecting metro phones to at&t through bluetooth.

headsets are a bit trickier. your phone needs to be on "always discoverable" sometimes and you may even have to turn the phone bt off and set the headset to discoverable (usually by holding the talk/hangup button for a number of seconds) before turning bt on and scanning.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones