• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Husband makes me crazy!PLZ PLZ HELP!!!

Ok this is my first time on one of these sights and my very first post. I am 5ft2 blonde that when it comes to technology I'm very blonde. However here is my problem my husband is a co.puter programmer/software developer and it support for a big medical clinic. He's always hacking g things and rooting things. We had some problems with our 16 son and purchased highster mobile for his iPhone. I had surgery 3 wks ago and he had my phn s4 and unlock pin while I was in surgery. The damn thing ain't been right since. Plus really weird things like when I make a call w every ring it wi beep as tho its being recorded. Mssgs get duplicated, photos, calls and text mssgs disappear without me deleting g tbem. I noticed a while ago under open source license their are several things that say root/contexts or root this n that etc and right a one it it says fake packages. Like my phone is commanded to display a fake stuff. Plus I was able to log in to his logmein and passed sessions were my ip address to my phone. Does that mean anything or do all of our devices have the same ip if run in off the same wiifii or network. IM SERIOUSLY LOSING MY MIND. He is messing w my head and Makin me feel crazy as hell. Plus there are certain things that he just wouldn't know unless he was logged in to my phone or if he was on his "screen connect" when she claims that you cannot use screen connect to connect to a cellular phone you can only connect to other tablets or computers not To phones. Also is there a way I could be rooted and not know? I've done root check and it says I'm not. Plz help anyway at all!!!! I know there's got to be something somewhere on here I being a dumb blonde ain't noticing and don't understand. Plz tell me where to ck or what to look for. Thank u soooooooooooo much
Screenshot_2015-05-21-14-50-34.png
Screenshot_2015-05-21-14-45-46.png
Screenshot_2015-05-21-13-43-41.png
Screenshot_2015-05-21-14-50-34.png
Screenshot_2015-05-21-14-45-46.png
Screenshot_2015-05-21-13-43-41.png

It's obvious that you are pretty upset, so the first thing I can tell you is to try and calm down. There are a lot of very qualified folks here that I'm sure will straighten this whole thing out for you and tell you what is what as soon as they read this. In the meantime, I can tell you that the ip address for different phones in the house tend to be identical except for the very last number. So one might be 192.168.0.195 and the other phone be
192.168.0.196 Good luck and take a deep breath, help is on the way for sure!

Upvote 0
Hi, and welcome!

I was able to log in to his logmein and passed sessions were my ip address to my phone. Does that mean anything or do all of our devices have the same ip if run in off the same wiifii or network

I can help with that one, at least. :)

Looking at your IP-Lookup screenshot, your phone was using the address 172.56.20.43, which belongs to T-Mobile USA.

As @hiredgun said, all devices connected to your home network will have IP addresses in the same range e.g. 73.2.220.x. This address range belongs to Comcast, which I presume is your internet service provider. From the screenshot there are two devices connected to the network, using 73.2.220.10 and 73.2.220.224.

The other IP address in the LogMeIn report, 173.12.233.237, belongs to neither Comcast or T-Mobile USA, and appears to be (based on the info in your post) your husband's place of work.

I hope this puts your mind at rest.

Upvote 0
ByAnoing to ur app manager on phone and looking at downloaded and running apps can u tell if there is anything spy related on there? Reason I ask is he used to set recorders up a few yrs ago. I looked at his apps and under bluetooth he had 9 different processes or services going .I've often wondered because he put on his wireless bluetooth thing and wears it all the time. Like he will get his shower get in bed (and me and our oldest son run to store and when we get back he had got up j now has it on. I asked him if he talked to anybody while we were gone or watch any videos he says no. But here es my thing if u wernt on the phone or watching anything what he hell possesses you to even put it on? makes me wonder if he somehow is eavesdropping on conversations via Bluetooth or recording audio and listening to it. And I'm not doing anything wrong he is just nosy as hell. He ALWAYS ALWAYS DENIES (even putting things on our daughters grave) having ever hacked or plundered. But there are little things herr and there that he brings up or ask and there be NO OTHER WAY HE WOULD POSSIBLY KNOW unless he hacked my phone or had something recording audio. I don't mean to sound paranoid but I'm sick of him denying everything and insulting my lil bit of intelligence that I have by me being computer illiterate and we'll hes a software developer computer programmer and knows basically I'll never know as much as him and because I don't know a whole lot that I can never prove it and he's ALWAYS several steps ahead of me. And hes always logging into our routers and network here at our house. Does that mean anything?Ughhhh ! Somebody anybody. I have a couple photos to post and see if anything looks fishy to you or not.

Upvote 0
I think your best path forward for you is to do a factory reset like @Gmash stated above. You will need to backup your photos, videos and any other data you would want to keep. A factory reset will delete your files so proceed with caution before doing so. Once you get done with the factory reset use your phone for a little while before you put any data back on it. This will ensure that you do not copy any infected files to the device. Over time you can put the data back on the device and monitor the results of doing so.

Few things to think about:
  • Enable security on your device.
    • I think in this case a simple pattern or pin unlock would be fine but make sure you have it enabled for boot as well. If someone can just reboot your device and get access... well, that is not very secure at all.
  • Disable unused wireless technologies
    • If you are not using bluetooth, turn it off.
    • If you are not using NFC, turn it off.
    • If you are not using WiFi, turn it off.
  • If you need to use WiFi for data and have a unsecure wireless network, I would make sure you lock that down with WPA2 security (don't use WEP).
  • If you go to the store or out somewhere, take your phone with you.
  • Factory reset should be fine but you could go the route of flashing your device with deleting everything prior. This is a separate question in general and you could most likely get your answer in the phone specific forum with a search.
Good luck!

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones