• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I believe I made a costly mistake

If the screen size of your Nexus One is not the problem but rather the way it fits in your hand, your cheapest option would be to buy a case for it to add a little bulk.

As for switching back to AT&T's overloaded network for the Samsung Captivate, I suggest taking a look at the Samsung Vibrant by T-mobile, as some have already suggested. Except for some cosmetic differences, they're practically the same phone (plus T-mobile hasn't disabled the ability to install 3rd party apps like AT&T did). You also won't have to worry about the ETF for leaving T-mobile. T-mobile also offers an "Equipment Installment Plan" which allows you to pay off the $500 cost of the phone over the course of 20 months interest free. Since you're still under contract, you'll have to talk to a T-mobile rep to see if you're eligible for the "EIP."

Furthermore, there is absolutely no reason to buy a phone on contract with T-mobile now that they offer the "Even More Plus" plan which is $20 cheaper and requires no contract. With the money you save each month, you can put it toward paying the "Equipment Installment Plan" and essentially get almost any phone free or at a minimal cost. ($20 savings x 24 months = $480 in savings to put toward a phone)

Upvote 0
My friend has a vibrant with that crap touchwiz3.0ui that it comes with, the only thing his phone has over my n1 is that the video is pretty bad ass other then that has no flash and feels cheap to hold like it would break very easily also half the the apps I get on my n1 are missing on his vibrant like he doesnt even get them in the market and if he uses a launcher like launcher pro or helix or adw it runs very buggy..because of the touchwiz crap that you cant get around, so far the only thing its got going for it is the screen I guess.. and the camera/video, not anything really to make a big dif my n1 pics still take excellent pics and video is still good for me, I would never switch over to a vibrant not even if someone offered it to me for free over my n1 no way in hell, its not that impressive.. the n1 feels so much more solid and not cheap and has stock OS, I like the scroll ball and how I can change the colors as well, and its nice being able to use the flash as a flashlight now. I used to really not like my n1 that much thought it wasn't all that compared to my buddies iPhone 3gs at the time but since launchers like adw and launchpro it runs fast as shit now, plus I love having free navigation which I use all the time.. I wish we had good quality games for android but they are coming.. thats the only thing I would like really that the iPhone has android beat over.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones