• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I got a bad feeling

Is it me or does everyone around here think of their DInc as a red headed step child. Recently the Desktop Charging Cradle was cancelled (http://htcpedia.com/news/htc-incredible-desktop-charging-cradle.html),and then the rumors of HTC using Sony TFT LCD screens instead of AMOLED as a replacement on its products but not one word about the DInc. Never mind the story about the end of life page for the DInc. And now I was just over at HTC's web site and there is nada about the DInc. Look at products. Nope. How about support. Nope nothing there either. Makes me wonder whats up.

Is it me or does everyone around here think of their DInc as a red headed step child. Recently the Desktop Charging Cradle was cancelled (http://htcpedia.com/news/htc-incredible-desktop-charging-cradle.html),and then the rumors of HTC using Sony TFT LCD screens instead of AMOLED as a replacement on its products but not one word about the DInc. Never mind the story about the end of life page for the DInc. And now I was just over at HTC's web site and there is nada about the DInc. Look at products. Nope. How about support. Nope nothing there either. Makes me wonder whats up.

...and support link is HTC Mobile Phone Support - DROID INCREDIBLE by HTC (Verizon) - Help .

Did someone forget to have their morning cup o' joe?

Upvote 0
Hell yes! My new idea for an app...whether you need to sanitize your hands, moisturize, or maybe just masturbate the app will squirt the appropriate lotion/cream in your hand through the headphone jack. I'll be rich.

ok....eeww. Both for the mental image of people masturbating with there poor DrInc in their hand and for the though of lube inside the phone. That'll do some damage.

:)

Upvote 0
Let's face it, in the US, the first that pops into people's head when they think of "Android" is THE Droid. By Motorola, on Verizon's network. Apple targeted the bastard child, the Eris, in its antennagate fiasco, but no one cared and instead looked at the Droid X. A Motorola product.

The Droid and Motorola got the most exposure last October and that's why it's so far ahead today.

That isn't to say anything about the DInc. Internationally, it is more or less the Desire and it's doing well in most countries. It's just the US has their eyes set on Motorola products.

Face it, who's the biggest carrier? VZW. I rarely see Sprint adds or T-Mobile ads anymore. GayT&T seems to have died off along with Luke Wilson's career. It's VZW on TV showing off the Droid X. I saw only two or three DInc commercials ever.

I blame it on VZW's decision to use the "Droid" moniker for every Android phone they have. It's stupid and seems to have subconsciously brainwashed the public into thinking the Motorola products are better or simply the only ones VZW has.

I have a Moto and love it. I think it's unfair to the rest like the Ally and the DInc to sit in the shadows.

Upvote 0
Hell yes! My new idea for an app...whether you need to sanitize your hands, moisturize, or maybe just masturbate the app will squirt the appropriate lotion/cream in your hand through the headphone jack. I'll be rich.

How do you know whether it's moisturizer or pearl jam on your phone if you stroke your nuts using your phone?

It appears you went through a dry run but prematurely blew your load leaving you with quite a mess on your hands.

Anyone know where it's from?

Upvote 0
Face it, who's the biggest carrier? VZW. I rarely see Sprint adds or T-Mobile ads anymore. GayT&T seems to have died off along with Luke Wilson's career. It's VZW on TV showing off the Droid X. I saw only two or three DInc commercials ever.

If you spent less time coming up with homophobic punchlines, then maybe you would have seen a few more commercials.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones