• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I have a couple of ?s

Most phones don't get commercials, do they? I don't think I've ever seen a commercial for the iPhone. Although I have had several iPhone owners drooling on me like zombies trying to convince me to buy the new iPhone...does that count?

And as for the original post, what do commercials have to do with how awesome this phone is or placement on TV? Ads are just white noise to me unless it's something I'm already interested in anyway, maybe you're different.

Upvote 0
Most phones don't get commercials, do they? I don't think I've ever seen a commercial for the iPhone. Although I have had several iPhone owners drooling on me like zombies trying to convince me to buy the new iPhone...does that count?

:eek::eek: You've really never seen an Iphone commercial??
There are at least 3 different Iphone commercials running constantly...I was actually thinking they overplayed them.

Upvote 0
not much sense in spending tons of money to advertise a phone nobody can get their hands on right now because of a backorder.

i can see an argument to this logic, but if they do advertise the hell out of it and have tons of potential buyers wanting it then getting fed up and moving on, then the whole thing is pretty pointless.

also, i have seen waaaaay more ads on tv for the Inc than the Evo 4G. the Moto Droid is still getting a lot of marketing, probably because they can actually sell those right now.

Upvote 0
Yes, I read that also, but ultimately, they are HTC's suppliers, and HTC's Design and assembling departments should have had these kind of issues worked out when they contracted with them. It seems to me they didn't place a large enough initial order with Samsung, or at least they could have gotten a guarantee from them that they could meet future demands.

This is all just my opinion of course :eek:

The problem isn't that they didn't order enough, its that Samsung can't build them fast enough to fill supply requests. Day one HTC had 350,000 Droid Incredibles built and sitting at Verizon warehouses.

There is a shortage for smartphone AMOLED screens industry wide.

The Nexus One, HTC Desire both use this same screen and the Samsung Galaxy S use a bigger 4" AMOLED as well

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones