• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I Have Received Two New Defective DroidX Cell Phones

JonathanF

May 10, 2010
On Thursday, July 15, right after midnight I ordered the new DroidX Cell Phone from the Verizon Wireless Internet Website.

I received the new DroidX Cell Phone on Friday, July 16.

The DroidX worked perfectly except that it had Dead Pixels in only the Camera and Camcorder Applications.

I then called Verizon Wireless and they sent me a new replacement Droidx Cell Phone which I received on Wednesday, July 28.

It was great at the time since I received the new replacement DroidX Cell Phone seven days before the anticipated August 03 date.

My new replacement DroidX Cell Phone has a very small dent like a impact hole on the back of the main unit.

I noticed the dent as I was unpacking the new replacement DroidX Cell Phone.

I did not even activate the new replacement Droidx Cell Phone since I noticed the dent right away.

I was assured by Verizon Wireless that I was to receive a new replacement DroidX cell phone.

I then called Verizon Wireless and they are now going to send a another new replacement DroidX Cell Phone which they said I would receive the earliest by August 05.

I do not know how a new replacement DroidX Cell Phone can have a dent on back side if it is totally brand new and not refurbished, although Verizon Wireless assued me agian that they are only sending out new replacement DroidX Cell Phones at this time.

Any Comments?

Jonathan
:mad:

At least Verizon is sending you new phones. The "dead" pixel problem is a known software issue though. The dented phone, well that's just bad luck. Verizon gets their devices from the manufacturer and they are the ones who do the quality check on them. Sorry you had to go through all this though.

Upvote 0
"new Replacement DroidX Cell Phone" was said exactly 11 times... congrats =)

But yeah, that is just bad luck man =( I got my Droid X and it works perfectly fine. Sorry to hear the trouble you are going through

On Thursday, July 15, right after midnight I ordered the
new DroidX Cell Phone from the Verizon Wireless Internet Website.

I received the
new DroidX Cell Phone on Friday, July 16.

The DroidX worked perfectly except that it had Dead Pixels in only the Camera and Camcorder Applications.

I then called Verizon Wireless and they sent me a
new replacement Droidx Cell Phone which I received on Wednesday, July 28.

It was great at the time since I received the
new replacement DroidX Cell Phone seven days before the anticipated August 03 date.

My
new replacement DroidX Cell Phone has a very small dent like a impact hole on the back of the main unit.

I noticed the dent as I was unpacking the
new replacement DroidX Cell Phone.

I did not even activate the
new replacement Droidx Cell Phone since I noticed the dent right away.

I was assured by Verizon Wireless that I was to receive a
new replacement DroidX cell phone.

I then called Verizon Wireless and they are now going to send a another
new replacement DroidX Cell Phone which they said I would receive the earliest by August 05.

I do not know how a
new replacement DroidX Cell Phone can have a dent on back side if it is totally brand new and not refurbished, although Verizon Wireless assued me agian that they are only sending out new replacement DroidX Cell Phones at this time.

Any Comments?

Jonathan

Well technically it was only said two 8 times, in bold. 2 times they didn't have the word replacement, I underlined that. 1 time it had the phones instead of just phone,also in bold and underlined.

But whose counting?:D

Upvote 0
On Thursday, July 15, right after midnight I ordered the new DroidX Cell Phone from the Verizon Wireless Internet Website.

I received the new DroidX Cell Phone on Friday, July 16.

I then called Verizon Wireless and they sent me a new replacement Droidx Cell Phone which I received on Wednesday, July 28.

It was great at the time since I received the new replacement DroidX Cell Phone seven days before the anticipated August 03 date.

My new replacement DroidX Cell Phone has a very small dent like a impact hole on the back of the main unit.

I noticed the dent as I was unpacking the new replacement DroidX Cell Phone.

I did not even activate the new replacement Droidx Cell Phone since I noticed the dent right away.

I was assured by Verizon Wireless that I was to receive a new replacement DroidX cell phone.

I then called Verizon Wireless and they are now going to send a another new replacement DroidX Cell Phone which they said I would receive the earliest by August 05.

I do not know how a new replacement DroidX Cell Phone can have a dent on back side if it is totally brand new and not refurbished, although Verizon Wireless assued me agian that they are only sending out new replacement DroidX Cell Phones at this time.

Any Comments?

Jonathan

Well technically it was only said two 8 times, in bold. 2 times they didn't have the word replacement, I underlined that. 1 time it had the phones instead of just phone,also in bold and underlined.

But whose counting?:D

Thats seems pretty trollish to me :thinking:

Reactions: ndfan4u
Upvote 0

:mad:

How did you get your replacement soo quick?! I also had to exchange my first DX at BB because of dead pixel lines across the screen. The new one i got worked for a few days and now the home and setting buttons glow when the phone is off. Off as in powered off. Only removing the battery turns them off.

I called vz customer support 866 number to get a replacement. the guy then called moto and told me i had to talk to them to get a case number. They are swamped with calls too so now i have to wait 3 hrs to talk to someone to get a case number to wait 1hr to talk to a vz rep to get a replacement.

What process did you do?

Thnx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones