• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I just got a Vibrant and all hell is going loose

ImaMoFoThief

Jan 13, 2011
well lets start with my first problem, i first rooted my phone and OCLF'd it and ad free, worked fine, proceed to tinker and set up my info.

lah dee dee dah, go to bed accidently put into airplane mode, proceed to this morning, wakeup to fully charged phone, something feels wrong about today, i go to use it i take it out of airplane mode and everything starts up and i press the power to turn off my screen. go to use it again and everything is slow to react and then the <<sweep glass to unlock>> screen stops responding and leaves me to having to pull my battery.

go to boot it up and the phone won't boot past the intro animation and does a force close and leaves my soft keys lit up

so i get the idea of trying to boot into recovery, after what feels like 100 attempts to get into recovery, it works, i go and reset it and i am feeling good because my phone isn't a 600$ brick after less then a week of purchase from sasktel (bell phone)

so now i get home from work and try to connect my phone to my wireless network and it gets stuck at the Obtaining IP address from *AP*...

what are my options to restoring this phone to normal so i can either make it good to use or return to sasktel and get a blackberry torch

please help me get this phone back to normal

Edit: sorry for placing in wrong section if it is, this has been a very traumatizing experience and I am stressed to high hell

... sorry for placing in wrong section if it is, this has been a very traumatizing experience and I am stressed to high hell

I know the feeling. ;)

I think I would go ahead and start over with everything, ImaMoFoThief. I'd just go ahead and back up all contacts, etc, then select a ROM and flash away.

Reactions: ImaMoFoThief
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones