• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I love this phone! - but so far 4G is not worth the $10

Sprockethead

Android Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2010
My 4G map is solid blue. But I'm getting only 1 or 0 bars in 4G. Worst part is that while it switches from 4G back to 3G back to 4G, there seems to be a moment of "dead time," where I have no service at all for a few seconds. When I was updating the software, I just turned 4G off in order to speed up the process. Whats up with that?

Definitely not worth $10 yet. I want to see how fast it is, but it won't stay connected long enough. Yes, I must be in a bad spot at my house, but did I mention that the 4G coverage map is solid blue for me? Oh well.

Phone is awesome, though. It even syncs up with Outlook. Bye bye blackberry.

My 4G map is solid blue. But I'm getting only 1 or 0 bars in 4G. Worst part is that while it switches from 4G back to 3G back to 4G, there seems to be a moment of "dead time," where I have no service at all for a few seconds. When I was updating the software, I just turned 4G off in order to speed up the process. Whats up with that?

Definitely not worth $10 yet. I want to see how fast it is, but it won't stay connected long enough. Yes, I must be in a bad spot at my house, but did I mention that the 4G coverage map is solid blue for me? Oh well.

Phone is awesome, though. It even syncs up with Outlook. Bye bye blackberry.

Keep in mind.. if they sell a million units.. thats $10M a month ($120,000,000) aside from any other funding sources to outfit the 4g network.. just like when 3g was first launched... IMHO have some patience :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones