• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I notice that I have a 24 months warantee covered on my X10i

Kfki

Lurker
Jan 21, 2011
I know this sort of thing may never work but I have to find some excuses to exchange for an arc this march (24 months of warantee, 11 months left) and explain that I'm glad to pay a minimal fee for it. My X10i is sometime lagging and reboot itself automatically. Most importantly I will say to them that a year ago you promised me that my X10i will receive all the latest android updates and now SE say it won't be getting any upgrades, how do you explain that, if not I demand an exhange for your new flagship phone xperia arc. Do you think by pressuring them will work?

Simple answer...No!

All carriers that I know of state in their T&C that you cannot upgrade until your contract is up, unless stated otherwise.

Unfortunately, you took out a 24 month contract without thinking about it in the long term. I always take the shortest contract incase I want to get out of it, then I don't have as long as I would.

I'm assuming it is a contract phone. But if you are talking about PAYG, with 24 month warranty, then again, the simple answer is no. They will only replace the phone if there was something wrong with it that was no fault of your own, and with that, they will only try to fix it, or replace it with another X10 if it cannot be fixed.

The only possible way I could think, was if you had proof of them saying there was going to be a 2.2 update. This is why I record all calls I make to T-Mobile, because they have a history of lying through there asses!

Upvote 0
The hardware warranty does not cover what you are talking about. This is literally for a fault that develops with the phone and then they only have to repair the handset that you already have or possibly replace it with the same. You would be very lucky to get 'betterment' out of them.

Also I would be very careful if you are thinking about deliberately misusing the phone with a view to a claim under warranty, they are very hot on what is covered and what is not and intentional misuse will be rejected. Besides the fact it would be dishonest to do so.

When you buy a phone you pays your money and you makes your choice, the fact that the phone has not lived up to your expectations is sad and disappointing but there has been no breach of contract on behalf of SE.

Upvote 0
oh i was offered for a trade in phone but the phone is only good for 6380nt with all the accessories that came with it and consider i paid for it when it first came out at a price of 22900nt! but all the newer phones are coming later this year which can result in price dragging down if i don't trade in quickly!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones