• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I think ......

5280droid

Oct 20, 2009
that this phone ( Moment ) could be the new G1. What I mean is that the G1 has been around for over a year....and from the vids I've seen on youtube, people still love their beasts. They are running so many things on it now. And because its rooted the Dev's at XDA are still tweaking it and making it run better and smoother all the time. The Moment with the 800 chip the AMOLED screen........QWERTY keyboard could be the next G1.

I understand that its not rooted yet and XDA focuses on HTC handsets.....
but......It'd be nice.

I remember back when I owned an iphone I went to look at the exciting new google phone (G1) and I thought it was a pos compared to the iphone. It seemed a lot slower and the design was horrible.

Now I own a Moment, which is arguably the ugliest droid phone out right now and I love it more than my iphone. I just hope updates keep the phone exciting, otherwise I will probably get bored with it and leave it alone so the battery doesn't die every 3-4 hours.

Upvote 0
It has sweet hardware and most, if not all, of the issues with this phone are software which can be fixed. One of the HUGE pluses to this phone is the open OS, that's why I got it.

I don't know why people call it the ugly duckling, everyone that plays with my phone likes it. Almost nobody I know has Sprint tho. Gotta love that any mobile anytime.

I've had a few people even notice that there is pretty much no limit on the viewing angle. We put it up against the iPhone, Pre, Eris, and a couple of other phones with the Good Girls Go Bad music video and the Moment won hands down as far as video quality was concerned. The blacks were deep and the lights that shine into the camera throughout the video felt like they were literally shining in your face. There is lots of movement and contrast that really lets the screen shine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones