• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I Tunes and android

Mikedt
Thank you for the note. I appreciate it. I have tried your suggestion and cannot find the "show I tunes in the cloud purchases" under the store symbol.

I am using I tunes12.3.0.44 And it appears they want to charge me $24.99 to put my music in "the cloud" I think these folks have spent too much time in the clouds.

Thanks again for your kind help.

Jim

Upvote 0
OK that's something the article doesn't mention, you must have an Apple iCloud subscription. All I can say is, if you have a lot of DRM'd music purchases, that $24.99 might be your easiest option, because when they're in iCloud, you can download them all DRM free, and will play on your Android. :thumbsupdroid:

The other legal option is to burn audio CDs of the DRM'd M4P songs with iTunes, and re-rip them. Have a look at virtual CD burning options, will save on actually buying CD-Rs, I've never done this though.

Anything else that's supposed to crack Apple's FairPlay DRM, is illegal and can't be discussed on here, AF forum rules and DMCA.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
O.K. I think I have it solved. Here is what worked for me:
1. Go to Itunes and open it up and sign in with your I.D. and password.
2. Go to playlist, and set up a playlist (name it so you will recognize it.)
3. Go to my music and in the upper right hand colum click on songs. The drop down menu
will show "sort by kind" click this and a ccolum will appear showing "kind"
4. From this column click the songs that you want ( about 10 per disc or 1 hour of music) that say "protected" and move them to
the play list you set up.
5. Install a CD in the CD Drive, click on the playlist and right click the play list and select " burn playlist to disc" burning will begin.
6. After playlist is burned, to the right side of the playlist it asks if you want to download the disc to you itunes music. Click yes you tunes will go to music with no drm on it. you now have two copies on protected and one not. I deleted the protected one
7. Move un-protected music where ever you wish. I used a flash drive and moved music to my android tablet and cell phone.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions.

Jim

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones