• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I want a different phone...

Jlm24

Nov 10, 2011
Well, I recently bought my first smartphone, LG Phoenix, and I'm regretting this. Not to say that this is a bad phone or anything, but I bought this after reading reviews that this was a good phone for people who haven't had much experience with smartphones. Well, this wasn't the best move by me because, although I'm not the most tech savy person, I learn pretty easily and the basics come easy to me. I have enough experience to be able to search and find solutions for any problem I have, or just mess around until I figure it out.

Well, I want another phone, and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this will work. I just signed the contract 2 days ago, and I have 30 days to cancel it (with certain fees of course, but not the big one folks have to pay for waiting longer). If I was to cancel my contract and send the phone back, can I then get another contract with them and pick another phone? Will this work? And I know that this isn't exactly the most honest thing to do, but my conscious has absolutely no problem with it if it will work. Any help would be appreciated :).

I think you can probably just bring the device in to a corporate store and choose another phone. If signing a contract, the LG Phoenix wouldn't have been my phone of choice. It's great for prepaid users paying the full $130~180 price tag out of pocket but you're not getting your money's worth if you're on contract. I would definitely have chosen one of the higher end Androids getting bigger subsidies. :p

Not so sure if you'll be able to sign a new contract so soon after the earlier one but I don't think you'll need to as you can just exchange the equipment for a different one.

Upvote 0
Here I am trying to scheme a way to manipulate the contract and all I had to do was go to a corporate store and trade it in lol. Well, I did that today and was able to get a different phone without even having to pay the $35 restocking fee. I decided to go with the Impulse 4G. Now, I know this isn't exactly a high end phone, but it is a step above the Phoenix in that it has high end features. I know people who went from an IPhone 3 to this and they told me that the Impulse is up to par with it. I bought it because it was pretty cheap, and, if I don't like it, I still have the remainder of the 30 days to bring it back in and switch it out again (with the restocking fee this time). I like it so far, so I'm going to wait it out a week or two to see how it's working for me. Is the Impulse a good phone in ya'll's opinion? If I don't like this phone that much, then I might just fork over the money for the Galaxy S II contract price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones