• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
YEAH i reallly really dont believe that

+1
There are definitely some low end devices out there that could not run it, however I do not think the incredible is one of them.

With that said, I do not think we will get the update officially but we will definitely see the mod community step up as usual and deliver something awesome

I do hope that it comes officially to the Asus eee pad transformer that I got yesterday. It would be a but if a disappointment if it doesn't.

Upvote 0
+1
There are definitely some low end devices out there that could not run it, however I do not think the incredible is one of them.

With that said, I do not think we will get the update officially but we will definitely see the mod community step up as usual and deliver something awesome

I do hope that it comes officially to the Asus eee pad transformer that I got yesterday. It would be a but if a disappointment if it doesn't.

One of Google's main focuses for android as it moves forward is scalability(ability to run across the spectrum of devices from high end to low). To that end they develop the os releases to be lean and clean. This isn't windows we're talking about. While not all devices will be able to use all supported features (ie flash), I'm sure they could in fact release a well functioning ICS update for just about everything on the market. That won't happen, the OEMs don't have the same philosophy for their software, and they would need to write the drivers for the devices (which they don't).

Upvote 0
This may be too bold, but I trust CyanogenMod 100% to come to market with a version of Ice Cream that will work on the INC. If they don't it just means you need a new phone anyway.

i am 100% with you i know CM7 had GB about 4 to 5 months before it was ever released on a phone as an update the nexes was the only one to have to it so the CM team will come through like they always do

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones