• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS 4.0.4 - Extremely slow USB transfer and device not showing in DDMS

municipalis

Lurker
May 11, 2012
Hi all,

Rather recently I went to transfer some new music on to my phone and I noticed that the upload was going extremely slowly. I was transferring about 350mb and the phone was telling me it would take 55 minutes to transfer the files (speed was averaging around 115 kb/s). I waited a few minutes to see if it would speed up, but nada. I've tried multiple times since then and there is no improvement.

Tonight I tried to connect my phone through developer mode, and noticed that the phone is not showing up in ddms. I have the latest USB drivers installed, and the phone is definitely set to Developer Mode. I also tried through the command line (adb) and no devices were showing.

I've ruled out any sort of hardware error, because the phone connects fine to storage, and downloading files off the phone is speedy as ever (11 Mb/s). I've tried with multiple cables and get the same results.

Does anyone have any idea as to what could be happening, or should I just give up and try a full reset of my phone?

Thanks for any replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones