• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS 4.0.4 i thinks

4.0.4 was preinstalled on my S3 and I received that a week ago, and had 2 minor OTA updates already

can i ask if you're having problems with stock email app?

i've had to disable the background data which doesn't allow me to check or recieve emails over 3g.

I'm really hoping that they'll fix this problem soon on next update. never had this on gingerbread.

Upvote 0
Fortunately for both me & the Mrs we haven't had any of the issues most people seem to be posting about, or any others for that matter, I just found the stock sms app ugly as sin.

As far as email goes I have my Gmail setup, along with two Hotmail accounts, push working on all as it should, no issues as of yet.

I would suggest try refreshing your data connection via the mobile data button on the pulldown notifications screen, see if that helps, or maybe take a second look at the email settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones