• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If I upgrade LG Motion -> LG L70 on $55unl, what happens?

TJayDroid

Dec 7, 2012
Hi, all. Been told that if I upgrade my aging LG Motion to the new cheapie LG L70, I'll have to upgrade my plan. I'm currently on a $55 unlimited. I've been told I'd need to switch to a $60 plan by an in-store Metro rep. Anyone know if this is true?

Hi, all. Been told that if I upgrade my aging LG Motion to the new cheapie LG L70, I'll have to upgrade my plan. I'm currently on a $55 unlimited. I've been told I'd need to switch to a $60 plan by an in-store Metro rep. Anyone know if this is true?

Yes and no...it does not have to happen in store but you lose your grandfathered plan for a new one

Reactions: TJayDroid
Upvote 0
How much is this phone? I've heard its pretty cheap. I just might wind up switching to this phone from the LG f6.

I do know it's an HSPA+ only phone, but what good is having LTE when it's dropping all the time, and no one knows what to do about it?

It's stupidly CHEAP as in free. A few thing a phone has to have for me to AT LEAST consider it is a front facing camera(even though I never use it), flash, and 4GLTE. The t-mobile version is a good buy not this one, but free is free.

Free after instant & mail-in rebate which "WILL" take up to 12-16 weeks to receive.

Upvote 0
It's stupidly CHEAP as in free. A few thing a phone has to have for me to AT LEAST consider it is a front facing camera(even though I never use it), flash, and 4GLTE. The t-mobile version is a good buy not this one, but free is free.

Free after instant & mail-in rebate which "WILL" take up to 12-16 weeks to receive.

The L90 is an okay buy but almost 4 X the cost with no LTE otherwise a moto g with Sd slot removable battery and 8mp cam

Upvote 0
Well how is your Hspa on your f6? Why pay for a phone you don't need?

How much is this phone? I've heard its pretty cheap. I just might wind up switching to this phone from the LG f6.
I do know it's an HSPA+ only phone, but what good is having LTE when it's dropping all the time, and no one knows what to do about it?

Have you tried forcing your phone into HSPA only mode instead of going to buy an HSPA only phone

Upvote 0
The $50.00 mail in rebate says "Rebate handset must be activated on a NEW MetroPCS account, bringing your current phone number and on a $50 per month or higher rate plan ..."
But I suspect the $100.00 in house rebate will be honored at the store, so the phone will cost you fifty bucks or so.
It would be worth arguing about. I'm sure MetroPCS is making these offers now to avoid a big rush when the Metro service shuts down. It also allows them to see how many complaints they get when people move to the T-Mobile network. As some one once pointed out "The pioneers are easy to tell from other people. The pioneers have the arrows in their back" - Adam Osborne.

Upvote 0
yo. dont do it.. the lg l70 is packed even more with tyrant ass, google and other unnecessary, irremovable space& memory hoggin apps that always run .even if u clear it they'll automatically startup again.
and, wifi tethering,
ha! forget it, it is painfully slow trotting and remains slow, i downgraded back to my lg motion the next day.on the motion, i can reset the data gigs ive used(downloading movies) and my 4g wifi hotspot goes back at speed. the new l70 phone DOES NOT ALLOW and it says 'checking account' after i press the 4g wifi hotspot then it made me add hotspot for $5 making it 70$ a month ffffffffffffffffffffff the new phones son

Upvote 0
I switched to that phone initially and my plan was not changed from the $40 plan, and there was never any mention of being forced to change it. That was done in-store. A day later, I got an unlocked phone and switched to it by calling customer service. Plan is still $40.

It's a good phone for the price, but internal memory is lacking. I'm an app junkie and found it to be inadequate. After installing my "important" apps, i was left with only like 400gb. My mother has one and it's fine, I gave mine to my brother.

IMO I agree with others, might be better to just find an unlocked phone and use it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones