• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help If you are unrooted and need help going back to DI18 Eclair

I have been banging my head against the wall. I tried to follow instructions to install 2.2 but it never really worked so i am trying to flash back to 2.1.

i have found your post here and am stuck. here is where it just stops.

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> param.lfs
<ID:0/003> Sbl.bin
<ID:0/003> boot.bin
<ID:0/003> recovery.bin
<ID:0/003> zImage
<ID:0/003> factoryfs.rfs

at this point the screen turns a solid color (this time pink)

at first it did not get this far then i figured it was the antivirus so i shut it down. It will sit in the above state for 10 min before i unplug the phone and try again. i have followed the instructions to a "T"

only having the Auto Reboot box checked, checking the PDA box and putting in the DG27 tar file. and i have also put in the PIT file just to check.

what am i missing?

oh yea i take the battery out each time. to reset the phone.

Upvote 0
Here's another (yes another) practical guide for those of you who are NOT rooted and updated to DK28 and want to go back to DI18. There are many out there with different download links, so I wanted to provide one that has the latest links that worked for me (as of 12/6/2010).

1. Get the USB drivers for the Epic here:

Samsung

Select "Software" in the bottom. The Description should say

"Device(Install),USB Driver (Software) (ver.1.0)"

2. Install the USB drivers on your system.

3. Download ODIN from here:

http://www.sdx-downloads.com/devs/noobnl/Odin3epic.rar

Extract the file. You will be using the Odin3+v1.61.exe

4. Download the TAR file from here:

http://firon.net/xda/SPH-D700-DG27-8Gb-REL.tar

It is VERY important to make sure you get the full file or else you will get errors and failures. My filesize I read on explorer for this tar is:

255,690 Kb
249 MB (261,826,560 bytes)

5. Start ODIN. (Open the Odin3+v1.61.exe file that you extracted earlier)

6. In ODIN, click on the "PDA" button. It will open up a prompt. Select the "SPH-D700-DG27-8Gb-REL.tar"
file that you downloaded earlier. It will automatically check the check box next to the "PDA" button after you select the file.

7. Uncheck the "F.Reset Time" check box

8. Turn off your phone. Unplug the battery and plug it back in. Hold down the "1" key on the keyboard and
keep holding it down while you power your phone on. It should eventually display the DOWNLOAD MODE with
the droid character as a construction worker.

9. Plug your phone in. Assuming the USB drivers installed successfully you will now see one of the "ID:COM"
fields turn yellow and have a COM # assigned to your phone. It will vary depending on which USB port you plug in.

10. Hit Start. It should take less than 3 minutes and you will have stock DG27 again.

NOW to update to DI18 do the following:
**credit to Andrew Ruffolo on Android Central for the following**

1. Download the following file and save it in your phones root directory (not any special folder) - which basically means when you use "USB storage" on your phone when it's plugged into your PC...drag the update.zip file into your phone where you see all the folders. Do NOT put it in any folder.

update.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

2. make sure its named update.zip and nothing else. if its named something else like update1.zip, change it to update.zip

3. turn phone off

4. Hold down camera, volume down and press power.

5. Use volume down to select SDCard: update.zip

6. Press Home on the capacitive buttons to select.

7. Phone should automatically install and reboot.
As noted, Flashing back to DG27 takes you back to Factory Stock prior to the DI18 OTA. Your phone will automatically install DI18 OTA when rebooted. I know this from experience I mistakenly flashed DG27 instead of DK28. After having done the DK28 using the update.zip method which resulted in a nonworking GPS.

Why not just get the Full DI18 file to odin in the first place?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones