Im having trouble playing MP4s - Please Help

Last Updated:

1. DaygosDankest

DaygosDankest Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I've downloaded a few videos on my computer and they are mp4 format. I pulled them from my computer onto my phone however when I go to open them up from astro as a video there is only audio. They play fine on my computer as mp4s. Umm...help?

Advertisement
  2. DaygosDankest

I specifically downloaded mp4's to avoid the hassle of handbrake which for some reason takes a whole day to convert a 2 hour film. Any solution, or even reason why the droid isn't able to play iphone ready mp4 videos?

3. DA717

DA717 Well-Known Member

maybe you can give a sample of the video you downloaded that doesn't work.... hard to tell otherwise.

4. Chuck1906

Chuck1906 Well-Known Member

My mp4 videos were compressed in the H.264 format. Are yours? I am using the stock video player to watch mine as well.

5. savajio

savajio Member

I have used Amadis and Hand brake and either one I use I have not had any issues with watching movies with the stock player. MP4, H.264 format, 1500, 30fps(29.9 actually) and depending on which converter I am using either 720x 480 or 848x480 and the Audio is set at AAC Stereo 48kHz @ 160 Kbps. If settings are the same you should have no issues at all.

6. DaygosDankest

I have no idea what any of those numbers mean. What I downloaded was the p90x mp4 torrent. I got them to play, but I had to run them through a video encoder. I'm guessing the screen size on the originals were to large?