• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Import Project Android Studio

MNH

Apr 18, 2020
I have an assignment to do for Coursera (Java for Android) and I'm getting some errors when I import an unzipped file (week 1 programming assignment) into the SDK. I extracted the zipped file into a folder named "Geometry Calculations." When the SDK prompts me for a file name, I select that folder for import. Seems like it would pretty simple. I get the following errors:

Project Import Warning
project file should not contain whitespace, as this can cause problems with the NDK tools.

Geometry Caclulations: failed at 4/23/2020 6:33 PM with 1 error
java.lang.IllegalStateException: failed to find target with hash string 'android-22' in: C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk
ERROR: failed to find targert with hash string 'android-22' in: C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk

This is from the the assignment specs:

Resources:

Please download the supplied zip file available with this specification. Extract the files onto your computer. The extracted files contain an Android Studio project. Start Android Studio and import the project as demonstrated in an earlier module. All your work for this assignment will be in the file Logic.java. Open this file in the IDE and look for the comment:

// TODO -- add your code here

As you do your work, be sure to place all your code in the Logic class.

The demonstration of the import procedure was not detailed enough for me. I would appreciate some clarification. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones