1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Importing programs into Droid48

Last Updated:

1. wildehare

wildehare Member This Topic's Starter

I am currently using the Droid48 as my engineering calculator -- one less item to carry around. I have not figured out how to transfer programs into Droid48 yet. The description of the program points to hpcalc.org for 3'rd party programs, but I have seen no documentation describing how to import them.

Do you need to transfer using Kermit through the USB cable?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

Advertisement
  2. wildehare

wildehare Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks to the guys at HPForums I got the answer: load the program you want to import onto the SD card (I used the .hp48) directory, then in Droid48 go to menu, "Store Program on Stack". This will prompt you with directions.

Now I like the program even better!

Mike

3. art kennedy

art kennedy New Member

Well I tried this for programs written in User RPL on my hp48 but when I save it on the Droid48 and run it a string is placed on the stack: "HP48........" . When I try to open this string I get "Error: Can't Edit Null Char." This happens whether I transfer a file saved in ASCII or BINARY. What up w'this?

4. Lathe26

Lathe26 New Member

Droid48 only supports files saved in binary format. There are some converters available that run on your PC or in the calculator. A quick way to tell the difference is to open the file in a text editor and see if it starts with "HPHP48-" (binary format) or with "%%HP:" (ASCII format).

Alternatively, try opening the file with a different program called Droid48 Reader (available on Google Play). It can open binary HP files as well (in addition to integrating with Droid48) and let you see what's inside. If it can't parse the file, then the file is either not binary or is corrupt.