• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Impossible to access internet via wifi

Androclast

Lurker
Jul 24, 2014
I don't seem to be able to find any matching problem/solution on existing sites and threads.

For no evident reason (I changed no settings, and have done nothing new) I can no longer access the internet at all using wifi (data traffic is unaffected). I can connect to the network, but navigating to any site bring an 'internal server error 500' message. What I have ruled out is this:

1. It must be an error at my end, as it happens no matter what site I try to visit, and doesn't vary by which wifi network I try to use.

2. Clearing cache doesn't work.

3. Reset doesn't work, software/factory reset doesn't work, using the off button so helpful with a crashed phone does't work.

These have been the main suggestions when I have searched. If anyone has encountered anything similar or can suggest anything I'd be very appreciative.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones